jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Back Link Service ?!?

1. Traqqer profile image79
    Traqqerposted 4 years ago

I have a website <link snipped> which I started recently and have been slowly building it up with content. BTW, I love the show (hence why I created the site). Anway, someone recently commented on one of my posts with an offer to increase traffic through what looks like mainly back links:

<link snipped>

It looks legit enough but I'm not too fond of the $40+ monthly fee.

Has anyone tried this service (or type of service)?

P.S.: This is not a sneaky way of promoting a service I own (or a friend owns). I know very about SEO. However, I will say that I am shamelessly plugging my sharktank site, either rightly or wrongly on this thread.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are plenty of similar services out there. I went through a phase of researching them (most of them offer a free trial period).  I tried a lot, and rarely even lasted the trial period!   

The way they work is this.  The service maintains a large network of blogs.  You then write (or spin) blog posts to be posted on those blogs, containing links to your website.

As you probably know, backlinks are important to improve your ranking in the search engines. But there's no value in backlinks from poor quality sites - and on most of these services, the sites are very poor quality.  Worse, Google is now actively seeking out these networks and de-indexing them - which means the service could go out of business at any time, and all your work will be wasted. 

So the only networks worth joining are private networks which set very high standards for their blogs.  They're hard to find now, because they don't want Google to find them - and they cost a lot more than $40 a month because they're so scarce.  Out of the league of most of us!

2. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

I wouldn't touch it if it were free. In fact, if they paid me for it, I wouldn't go near it.

Try reading what is happening with Google Panda and Penguin regarding pointless spam back links.

About the best result you can hope for from this crap is that you won't get a Google penalty.

Just my opinion.

IF these people were so bloody successful, why don't they back-link their own content and make a fortune?  Because it is all a giant con.

Still.  That's just my opinion.  There is a LOT of information about back linking out there on SEO forums.  Google just changed the game.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Taking part in paid backling as a linker or linkee risk incurring Googlewrath.

I was a linker and got my PR3 blogslapped to 0 then 1, then TWO YEARS later I got it back to 3.