jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Trouble "Getting Started" - Video won't play & Can't crop Profile pic

1. Sphinxs Sanctum profile image59
    Sphinxs Sanctumposted 4 years ago

Hello Everyone!  I'm Brand Spankin' new & I've run into two problems already.  The 'Welcome Video' that says, "Getting Started on Hubpages Video", will not play.  This is the video that comes up with an example of what a hub is, directly after you give your username, password & email, etc..  Has anyone else had this problem?

Second issue:  I tried to load a profile pic but it was too large.  I was directed to crop it by holding down the shift-key while using my mouse to drag the yellow box & then click 'crop'.  But, Nothing happens when I try to drag the yellow lines of the box!  Not Working!  I'm not sure what to do now for a profile pic.  Any suggestions for my two problems?

Thanks!

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
      Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The video: I just checked and it seems to play. The first frame, however, stays there for the first 16 seconds (but you can hear the voiceover). What browser are you using?

I also check the cropping tool and it worked. My suspicion is that your browser might have a bug or might be out of date. Are you using a recently-updated version of Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer? What version are you using?

Sphinxs Sanctumposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jason.  Thanks for the reply.  I'm running IE 9.  Every other video plays just fine, without hesitation.  That's why I don't understand the deal here.\

Any other thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Ok.  I just tried a different pic & this time it Worked!  It is NOT the one I wanted to use, but I found it on Wikia & it checked out, so Hopefully I'll be able to change it down the road.  I just wanted to see if it was an issue with my system or if it was the image I chose.  But, the video still won't play.

2. Jason Menayan profile image61
          Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure what's going on with that, except that IE9 is a very new browser version and IE tends to be a bit buggy. Could you try with Firefox? It's a free browser.

Ya know, that's an idea.  But, now that I've gone ahead & set nearly everything up on my own, I guess I don't HAVE to see the video.  Plus, I'm Really irked by HubPages at the moment!  The two pic I used, one for my profile & one for my 1st hub were both free use pics from one of the commons sites.  However, HubPages didn't like them I guess because they removed my 'Ads' capability because of them!  I don't know how long I'll be sticking around on here because it's not like you can contact anyone about it.
            I Appreciate your help & suggestions Jason!  You're a good fella.

Thanks!

working