jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Why all this change on Hubpages? It was so cool from the beginning!

1. Escobana profile image89
    Escobanaposted 4 years ago

Just joined Hubpages 9 months ago. I liked the profile page and the lay out of a Hub from the beginning.

Unfortunately I came in a time when change 'needed' to take place. Just when I found the profile page nice and clear. Not too much stuff and buttons. Just perfect.

The new Hub lay out? I don't like it better than the one before but lucky enough mine are still in tact because of my topics.

Why all this change? Hubpages seemed cool as it was in terms of design, options and clarity.

Was it really necessary to change what was already good and sufficient?

2. mizjo profile image85
    mizjoposted 4 years ago

Jolly good question, Escobana.  I liked the layout as it was (still is?)  I joined 3 months ago and thought it was pretty nicely designed.  Now I shall have to learn to navigate the pages again. 

Still, you know, we're supposed to move with the times, and the times, they are a-changin'.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. Escobana profile image89
      Escobanaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah...I know what you mean. Those changing times make the change necessary. Guess I don't really like those changes.

I'm one of the few on Hubpages, letting everyone know in my profile information that they CAN NOT follow me on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.

I stopped using those sites because I became to addicted to posting, reading and commenting on unimportant things. Since December 2011 I didn't notice a drop in traffic because of that and I will always share Hubs from others on Hubpages.

Change isn't always a good thing. I just wished the change on Hubpages wasn't so drastic:-( So completely different from what I was used to love about it.