Problems with June cooking contest

1. novascotiamiss profile image91
    novascotiamissposted 4 years ago

I'm busy preparing some recipes for the June contest and I have stumbled over the following hurdles:
    1) Requirement that a recipes must have 500 words: In my eyes this makes no sense as you can have an absolutely brilliant recipe that has a lot less words. A good recipe has nothing to do with literature and should not be rated like a normal hub.

2) I find the recipe capsule not very practical. It's ok for simple, one step recipes but doesn't work well for recipes where you have to cook/bake different components (e.g. fish and a separate sauce or a cake that consists of different layers). It would make sense if you could list the ingredients & instructions according to each component, e.g. you should be able to have one ingredient capsule and instruction capsule for each component.

Does anybody else have similar problems with the recipe capsules?

2. Jason Menayan profile image60
    Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago

1. Sorry, that's the requirement. You can add ancillary information about the dish (history, variations, tips and suggestions, etc.) to make it more complete and long enough to qualify.

2. The recipe Capsules are implemented to pass microformat information to Web services and search engines like Google. There is no specification for multiple recipes on the same page, I'm afraid. You can use the recipe Capsules for the first/main recipe, and use Text Capsules for the rest, if you like.