jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Just created a blog - should I ask before linking other hubs to it?

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

I created a blog about saving money, and have added links to my hubs to it. I wanted to add links to other money saving hubs, also. If someone wanted to do that with my hubs, I'd be happy. However, others may not feel the same for some obscure reason. Should I ask individual hubbers before I link some of their hubs to my blog? (Am a brand new blogger.) If you want to see the blog with the links I've made of my hubs, you can go to my profile. There's a link to it. Warning - am learning, so it's just bare bones right now. (You can laugh at it if you want.) smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Whenever I was going to link my blogs to hubs, I always would ask first. I think it's appropriate. But, that could be just me being me. wink

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've added links to other sites in my sites. I have never gotten a complaint from anyone. Most people will appreciate and thank you.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And, some people are picky about the links received. Some would rather check out the material before agreeing to it. But, not everyone is like that. I have met some though, which is why I do as I do.

Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks to you all. Good suggestions.

3. nanospeck profile image74
    nanospeckposted 4 years ago

Don't forget to add your hubpages tracker on the link. It will get you some revenue over time. You could possibly show them after linking and even ask for a return link to your some other hub/website from their hubs. They'll happily give it if you have great content. I've even started my own link exchange program. I've added the details for it in my profile page.

Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you! I did that, at your suggestion.

4. vocalcoach profile image93
    vocalcoachposted 4 years ago

I have made it a practice to add links within the hubpage family when I feel it's appropriate. Sometimes I ask permission.  However I have always received a hearty thank you for linking to my hub. Afterall, this brings in additional traffic and we all want that. I hope this helps you and you are on the right track.

Much success to you.

working