jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Transferring Q's to subdomain..

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

About this new option, which shows a strong "warning" of its permanence...

Does making this choice mean that said questions will then become visible to Google, and to the public at large, instead of just within the HP community?  (There are some questions I might not ask or answer outside the relative "safety" of HP....)

If so, will said public be allowed to place answers or comments, or will that still be reserved for HP members only?

I'm unsure whether or not to make this move without that further information.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Even without you switching them to your subdomain outside visitors can find your questions and answers through search engines.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Questions have always been visible to Google.

3. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All of the forums, and the Q&A section have ALWAYS been visible to Google and searchable by the public at large.  There is no part of this site that is "private" to just the HubPages community although to participate in many aspects does require registration. 

The only stuff private is material not yet published.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I think it's a great way to get 'noticed' wink don't be too shy about asking or answering questions. smile FREE publicity!

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Ok, thank you everyone.  In that case, I guess it does not matter.  I was under the impression that there were areas that gave out the message, "You must sign in or register to view this page."

Evidently, I was mistaken.  Thanks for clarifying that.  I guess I'll go ahead and make that move, then.

I'm not really even sure what I meant by "some questions/answers" I'd be reluctant to share publicly.....it was late, right before I shut down for the night, and I guess my brain was turning to mush...LOL

My screen name is well chosen, it would seem......