jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

flagging a hub down

1. LaMamaLoli profile image61
    LaMamaLoliposted 5 years ago

i have just been hub hopping and have rated a couple of hubs down because the english was so bad. Then it occurred to me that perhaps that wasn't what the flag down was supposed to be used for. Is it???

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes,that's fine.  All a flag does is put the Hub in a queue to be looked at by a member of HubPages staff, and they'll decide whether it needs any action.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I believe one of the choices has to do with hubs having a lot of grammatical, spelling errors.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

But that would be the 'flag' button, not the down arrow button.

4. LaMamaLoli profile image61
    LaMamaLoliposted 5 years ago

So I should have flagged it rather than voted them down? Sorry if I wasn't clear.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's right.  The voting buttons do virtually nothing.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

Marisa is correct - the vote down button doesn't alert mods there are problems. And poor grammar, spelling and punctuation are definitely reasons to flag. When you flag, there are reasons you select & you can also post a sample of text and mention specifics.  Please, please, let them know about that type of quality issue.

1. LaMamaLoli profile image61
      LaMamaLoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

thanks both for clarifying, I went back and flagged them!

1. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
        WorkAtHomeMumsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good question - I have voted down heaps for grammar issues - now i realise I have effectively wasted my time.  Now I know.  Thanks for asking the question.

working