jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Trouble deleting broken links

1. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

I recently deleted several hubs, which meant that I would soon have several broken in-text links to correct.

Whenever I change these in-text links I edit the capsule, highlight the link and click the "break link" button, which removes the link from the text.  So far, so good and everything looks fine.

When the capsule is saved, however, that same text is now underlined.  It is necessary to edit the capsule again to remove the underline.

If it helps, I use windows XP and Firefox 12, although previous firefox versions have had the same problem.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As you mentioned underline I care to add another problem that has been persistent from the time I joined. Whenever I underline two or more separte parts in a particular text capsule, it doesn't save and I have to do it individually (one part - save the capsule, edit again and then the next). When I'm creating a list this gets irritating. I now just edit the html and underline the text. But, if this could be fixed it would be great.

PS: Wilderness, I just tried unlinking to check what happens and I got the same problem as you. The text remains underlined. If I'm not mistaken, that's what always happened.

2. TNB profile image61
    TNBposted 4 years ago

I would add that spell check is also having a similar problem. When I press the spell check button misspelled words are not showing so I can't spot them. Yet when I save the capsule afterwards, they end up underlined. I have to go back and edit the underlining out.

3. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Hmmm.  Sounds like a general problem with underlining.  Maybe someone from HP will see these and check into them next week, on a weekday.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yup, Hope so.

working