jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Low average time on page question

1. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 4 years ago

I've isolated a handful of hubs that have had a low average time on page on GA.  Is it a good idea to rid of them immediately, or track them over a few weeks to see if there are fluctuations?

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I know there are different opinions on this, but before I would delete them, I would make sure all of your titles, headings and tags are descriptive as to what the  content is about.

Have you checked your search queries to see how people are finding your page?
    Does your content match the queries?

Can you add a relevant video that would possibly keep viewers on the pages longer?

Unless you feel the hubs are beyond help, I would give them a few tweaks and wait and see.  Search results are so unpredictable right now, it's hard to tell.

1. CMHypno profile image89
      CMHypnoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks rebekah, its so hard these days to know what is the best thing to do, but I will try and do some further tweaking first.

I think that one of the problems with low traffic, is what G does send can be from some pretty random key word strings for that particular article, so it proves not to be what the reader was looking for and they bounce out pretty quickly

3. SandyMcCollum profile image86
    SandyMcCollumposted 4 years ago

I applied for a job the other day and it asked me to write a short piece using SEO... and I wasn't sure what to do, exactly! Dam Google...