jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

"Check spelling as I type" not working anymore?

1. SOE profile image92
    SOEposted 4 years ago

I've noticed that the browser, built-in check spelling as I type features are no longer working when editing hub capsules. While maybe not major, it is kind of a pain to lose the automatic signaling of typos and having to instead manually activate spell check with right click every time or through the button at the top, particularly with large hubs with many capsules.

Is there any way to get that back or figure out why it stopped working in the first place? It seems pretty strange to me but I double checked this to make sure its only on Hubpages capsules, for example, since Firefox's check as I spell is working as I type in this comment box now.

1. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I noticed that yesterday while using Chrome in edit mode on here. I don't know if its working elsewhere, but I typed a deliberate typo and it didn't highlight it. I thought it was just me!

1. PegCole17 profile image90
        PegCole17posted 4 years ago in reply to this

The weird thing is that in some capsules the manual spellchecker works and in others within the same hub it doesn't.

2. hildred profile image91
    hildredposted 4 years ago

I've noticed the same thing (I'm on Firefox). At first I thought it was a browser issue but then it didn't work in Chrome either.

It was pretty handy, so I wonder if there's a way to turn that feature back on.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I just check my hubs grammar and spelling in Word before I paste it in.