jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Aaargh! Annoying sound advert!

1. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

Just to let staff know that there are sound adverts on some hubs. I just found one at the very bottom of this hub - http://billyaustindillon.hubpages.com/h … Suez-Canal - although I appreciate adverts are localised and many others maybe won't see this ad. I'm in the UK.

It seems to be advertising Dettol and Legoland.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6631458_f248.jpg

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There was a similar post the other day and HP staff had given an email addy to report this to, but I can't find it, lol.  I will keep an eye out for it.

I found the post by Jason:

They shouldn't be there. If it's the bottom ad unit, it's Google AdSense. Next time you see an ad like this, please take a screenshot and send it to adops@ so we can investigate.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/97756

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hope that was adops@hubpages.com, because that is where I sent it! Many thanks, Dale smile

Edit: mailer-daemon returned it. Hmmm...

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
          Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I was not sure either, but that was all that was given, lol.

2. lobobrandon profile image81
          lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You could mail it to team@hubpages and ask them to give you the actual address so that you could do it right the next time.

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Or I could just not bother - they are supposed to monitor this forum and all the details are here already, including the photo of the offending ad.

1. lobobrandon profile image81
              lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yup smile

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

Just heard it again on another hub. It is an advert for Dettol, but this advert position was the one below the hubbername to the right.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image84
      Marina Lazarevicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Auto-audio ads are not allowed on HubPages. Without a report that shows us which network (out of many) is serving this particular ad though, the only recourse we have is to contact all of them. When we identify the network responsible, the ad can be blacklisted.

Sorry that you're seeing the annoying audio ad; we don't like them either and it's frustrating when they slip in. Send adops@hubpages.com more details if you can (links of Hubs, time/day, browser). I'm also curious if this ad was seen only in the UK or in the US as well.

3. incomeguru profile image89
    incomeguruposted 4 years ago

I think, hubpages should just find a lasting solution to all these annoying adverts. We are in here to make good money. hmm

Closed to reply

working