jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

"View all pictures" arrow can no longer be avoided?

1. Sparrowlet profile image91
    Sparrowletposted 4 years ago

I no longer see the tab where you can eliminate the black arrow on your top picture that says "view all pictures". You used to be able to choose to have that on or not. It drives me nuts! Why is it no longer under "settings"?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Now you can't turn off the slideshow. Don't worry - there are a lot of people not happy about it!

Sparrowletposted 4 years ago in reply to this

yeah, that's really bad. It ruins the top picture! I hope they change it back.

1. janderson99 profile image84
          janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can do a work around.
          Add a white area about 20% of the image height below the image.
          The horrible black thingo then gets placed below the image.
          Siily what we have to do.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/6639958_f248.jpg

Sparrowletposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great tip, janderson99, thanks!

2. Victoria Stephens profile image80
    Victoria Stephensposted 4 years ago

I'm not too impressed with this myself, hubpages need to figure this out so that it appears just below the image rather than hiding some of it. I usually keep the top of my picture clear where possible so that the picture lines up with my text rather than the title. If I lose 20% top and bottom then it doesn't give me much room to work with.

3. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 4 years ago

Bumping

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago

I hate that feature too. Do you think they will fix it, or should I just go ahead and edit all of my first photographs to include the white area at the bottom?

1. janderson99 profile image84
      janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Who knows? I posted this issue about 3 weeks ago (in another post) and no reply so I guess they are not going to change it. I have added the white bit to all my new hubs. There are some issues with the attribution being displaced. I hope they allow the author to decide whether to have the slide-show or not. But HP's lack of response has been deafening on this issue.

working