jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

Subjects of a hub on HubPages.

1. Dee42 profile image79
    Dee42posted 4 years ago via iphone

Have you ever be in the process of writing a hub and in the Real World, something happens or some other dynamic occurred beyond your control? Do you published your hub? Like for instance, I've been writing a hub about Kevin Costner, and what-do-ya-know... He is on the front of Parade. Ha.

And one time our coach (Arkansas Razorbacks) had a motorcycle accident,I decided to write a hub on motorcycle safety, come to find out, he was having a affair! Uh! What was to then with my hub? I was so mad at that coach, I said to my friends that if I was his wife I would of HURT him again.

I don't want people think I cheated or something.  I want to publish my hub it is just crazy.

1. janesix profile image73
      janesixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Just go ahead and publish your hubs. No big deal.

1. Dee42 profile image79
        Dee42posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, janesix, I will. I'm glad for any input. You have inspired me. smile

2. gabgirl12 profile image60
      gabgirl12posted 4 years ago in reply to this

That has happened to me, but I keep writing. I might have to take a minute to digest the news, but it doesn't stop me from writing.

1. Dee42 profile image79

Well, that makes me feel better,gabgirl12.  At least I am not the only one. I guess it's a small world. Ha

3. Laura Schneider profile image93
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Write what you want--life will go on, as it tends to do, but for you, the writer, don't stop your world just because the "real world" is also still going. In some cases, you might want to mention that you breaking new information to the contrary of your article, if you are really feeling badly about the situation's timing. Just keep writing. You can't stop just based on possibilities. :-)

1. Dee42 profile image79

You are so right. Good advice for the Newbie, Laura Schneider. Maybe, I'll add the element as a even fresher idea. Ha. Thankyou.

4. CloudExplorer profile image80
      CloudExplorerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think hub writing is so fun and unique for that matter as you've stated here, because it can engage with real world experiences, and anywhere on the globe for that matter.

What I tend to do is to keep track of all current events and those things that are somewhat forecast-ed as well, by differing trends like whats going on with the food movement making a merger into other industries today.

Its amazing the fact that people simply follow what they see or here, and on the web its become the main stay pretty much for us online writers.  Who knows whats the next huge mega wave to come, as a hot story to write about right!

What ever it is I wanna be on that wave just to see how the cool stats turns out on my hubs and that of many others here, its the coolest part of hubbing to me to see the rewards roll in over a short period of time. Well the sharing factors here also make it worth while as well.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

Real life may help you more than hurt you.  If someone famous gets into a motorcycle accident, then people will be more likely to come to read your hub.  If the subject of your hub does something else, you can amend your hub, or just sit back and enjoy as others research more about that individual.  Personally, I don't think a hub about motorcycle safety has anything to do with an affair (unless a motorcycle was involved with that somehow). The more popular he becomes, the more popular the hub could be.