jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Getting Rid of Unauthorized Backlinks from Traffic Sites

1. PegCole17 profile image89
    PegCole17posted 4 years ago

Today for the second time I've found an unauthorized traffic site that is sending traffic to one of my hubs. In the past I warned them that their link is not wanted and that my Google AdSense account will be in jeopardy if they do not remove their link. They of course, denied any links, yet the traffic stopped.

Other than checking the stats on every hub for daily violations one at a time, is there a way to block this site permanently?

I do not wish to give them any publicity by posting a link here and have reported this activity to the "Contact Us" people. What more can I do to prevent this in the future?

Thanks for any help.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

There was a recent article on Search Engine Watch on the tricky task of trying to remove backlinks.  I recommend you go read that as it covered the subject quite well.

PegCole17posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Relache,
      I found the site and read a few paragraphs on an article titled "Life After Google Penguin" before I ran across this most useful tip:

"It wouldn't hurt to keep a tinfoil hat handy as well" which is what I plan to do in the future.

Thanks again for the suggestion. Really. I'll try to find the article and learn more about this.

1. SandyMcCollum profile image84
        SandyMcCollumposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you know Miranda Miller? She writes at Search Engine Watch, she might be able to send you a link, rather than searching for it.

PegCole17posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Sandy,
          I looked up Miranda Miller and no, I don't know her. Her profile sounds like she is an expert on this kind of stuff. I am not at all.

What I was really hoping for was an "EASY" button that I could push, like on Twitter, to block unwanted sites. But I'm sure that is just a pipe dream.

Thanks for responding and for your input.