jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it normal to disappear from Google?

1. Ethan Green profile image92
    Ethan Greenposted 4 years ago

Hi folks

I noticed a few days ago that my two hubs ranking on page one for keywords had disappeared off the face of the earth.

Then today I realised that even if I type 'Ethan Green Hubpages' into Google, none of my hubs come up. Even if I write the hub title and Ethan Green, nothing comes up.

Does anyone have any ideas what might have happened?

Thank you!

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

No idea but 'G' does have it's own blog going on which you can check out and determine their rationale of the Penguin update with more coming soon tongue did you link in a bad neighborhood?

3. Rosie2010 profile image81
    Rosie2010posted 4 years ago

Hi Ethan Green, I just checked and unfortunately, your profile and your hubs are not showing on Google search.  You were either hit by the Google Panda update launched on April 19, 2012, or by Google Penguin update released on April 24, 2012.  There are a number of forum threads on this. 

As you are new on Hubpages, it is unlikely that you got sandboxed, in which case you might be able to come back on Google search after six months.

Since you've only been writing on Hubpages a few weeks, I would suggest you create a new account.  But first, read about the Google recent updates to avoid getting delisted again.

Good luck!

4. Ethan Green profile image92
    Ethan Greenposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies folks. I've done a little more research, and although I cannot find anything that explains exactly why I was delisted, it appears that Google has decided to ban my subdomain. How this could happen, when I've only been here for 3 weeks is beyond my comprehension. I can't see what I could have done to get banned and delisted. It is nonsense. And worst of all is that short of creating a new account, there is nothing I can do. But the problem is, if I don't know what I did wrong, what's the point of starting again, when I may just have the same thing happen again?! So as far as I'm concerned, this is just total bulls**t.
    Thanks again for trying to help