jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

All HP chefs and recipe writers, Recipe hubs thief found!

1. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

http:// howtocoook.blogspot. com/2012/03/brown-stew-chicken-jamaican-recipes-88.html

I decided to check on some of my hubs. I followed my instincts and checked one of my recipes and found a Blogspot blog with many recipes including hubscore, original photos and everything. This is certainly an idiot for using a Google blog to steal work.

I am so tired and drained I will file my DCMA tomorrow.

1. Green Lotus profile image61
      Green Lotusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

oooooh. I'm mad just because it happened to you. At least they grabbed your photo and score. Hope it was at 100 as it is today smile

Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Green Lotus, it was the score of the hub and the recipe photos. There are quite a few other hubs there as well. Those people are making me sick...literally!

2. Michael Willis profile image77
      Michael Willisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I tried to go to the web address to check, but I keep getting cannot be found. Maybe it has been removed.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
        lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's because Cardisa used a space in the link. Type it out she was smart not to give the blog a free back link. The blog posts are all deleted as far I see it

1. lrohner profile image85
          lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They're all still there. Cardisa used more than one space in the link. Put a space in between the blogspot. and the com. and you should find them.

I went to the main blogspot address i.e. howtocook.blogspot .com it was empty

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Cardisa, sorry to hear, but unfortunately, it will never stop. They are here, they are everywhere.

Hey RebekahElle, do you have any recipe hubs? This person seem to steal from HP recipes alone. I recognize a few other recipes but am not feeling up to further investigation. I hope other hubbers see this thread and check it out..

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago

I found a front page for How to Cook, but it's very empty and nothing works on the page. If you click go to next blog, a robust page pops up for another blogger (I assume). I wonder if the thief is taking down content that's been copied?

4. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

Guys, if you follow my link it is still there. You aren't going to find it by typing in howtocook.blogspot.com, I don't know if the blog coming from India makes a difference.

I just checked the blog through the URL and it's still there. Remove the space after http://  and between the dot and com and you should find it.

Yup its still there. There's a link to the hubs so for sure it won't rank higher (At least its not supposed to). But file a complaint

5. John Holden profile image60
    John Holdenposted 5 years ago

Even copied it with live links back to Hub Pages lol

6. waynet profile image50
    waynetposted 5 years ago

Yes file a complaint and then read my blog!

7. Pamela N Red profile image92
    Pamela N Redposted 5 years ago

It's still up this morning complete with hubscores. They aren't even smart enough to take the score off before posting stolen articles. Hang in there and Google will remove them. We had a holiday and they have a smaller staff during that time but they'll take care of it.

I was sick last week and totally forgot about this so I didn't file a DMCA report. Thanks for reminding me. Still not 100% but must file the report today!

working