jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (18 posts)

Is it better to join the Hubpages Earnings Program?

1. StellaSee profile image90
    StellaSeeposted 4 years ago

Currently I'm signed up with Google Adsense and I've been debating whether I should sign up for the Hubpages Earning Program because I'm hesitant to give out my tax information. Or should I worry about this only after I have a decent amount of traffic coming to my hubs?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You should certainly join the HubPages Earnings Program.  Most people find the income is better than Adsense alone, but you can't tell if you don't try.

You can turn the HP Earnings program on and off, as often as you like, once you've joined.  So if you don't like it, you can always go back to Adsense.

StellaSeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Marisa oh I didn't know you could turn it on and off..maybe I will give it a try then. Yea it sounds like the Earnings Program is a lot better because you get paid based on the number of your page impressions rather than that chance that someone might click on the links right?

2. TheMusiconomy profile image83
      TheMusiconomyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've been on HP for 16 months. When I started there was only google adsense and I made nothing from that. However, I only a had a few hubs in the very very beginning. When the HP earnings program started I signed up immediately.

Within 15 months my earning went up 1700%. The money isn't a lot, but the percentage increase has made me very enthusiastic about the HP earnings program.

I wrote a hub about my experience: <link snipped>

3. thecrazzykylex profile image61
      thecrazzykylexposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What a weird type of question? Why shouldn't it be a worth a program to join when you can make more money 'legally'? So, yes, go join it. All the Best big_smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HP is cute, fuzzy, and trustworthy. Your tax info will be safe with them.

2. Bedbugabscond profile image88
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

I don't think you need to worry about giving your tax information to Hubpages. I am not sure if it will be worth it to you. Like lovely Marisa said, you won't know if you don't try. Personally, as a new hubber who has NO adsense earnings, it is the Hubpages earning programs that keeps me motivated.

StellaSeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi again Bedbugabscond, I'm happy to hear you're earning so much on Hubpages already. Yeah I think I will give it a try, if so many people are signed up, our information should be in safe hands right? Thanks again for your comments!

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I found the Hubpages program more profitable than Adsense alone, but it varies depending on user.

4. mr williams profile image81
    mr williamsposted 4 years ago

From my experience, Google Adsense earns much more than Hubpages

5. hbentleymom profile image77
    hbentleymomposted 4 years ago

I am still pretty new but I would say sign up for Hubpages program, I always earn more on it than Adsense.

6. ocbill profile image76
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

I thinking about it seriously since Adsense has dropped dramatically because of penguin.

7. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 4 years ago

My experience with Google Adsense vs HP........HP is much better.

8. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 4 years ago

After 2.5 years here, I have yet to come anywhere near a payout for Adsense(less). I've been signed up to the HP ad program for a little over a year, and I've had one payout this year, and probably another one by the end of this summer. It keeps increasing monthly, yet I'm not that prolific, and I haven't made my hubs any more search-friendly than they've ever been. I just do my research. So yeah..the HP ad program is by far the better way to go.

9. aravindb1982 profile image92
    aravindb1982posted 4 years ago

My experience has been that HP Adsense program rocks! Have received more than $100 in payout already and my next payout is due shortly. Not yet made $20 on Google Adsense!!

I guess it depends on what kind of articles you write. Google pays for clicks while HP pays for impressions. So while in Google you need people to click on links to generate revenue, in HP more the number of people who even see your hub, you get paid more.

10. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

HP Adsense for me.  A former Hubber told me that once you received your first payout, the others come faster than the first.  He was right!

11. glassvisage profile image85
    glassvisageposted 4 years ago

Thanks for all of this insight! I would say HP Ad Program as well, though I was doubting it recently because of drops in revenue for both.

12. Tutorsindia-UK profile image60
    Tutorsindia-UKposted 2 months ago

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have also started.