jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Level 1-8 commentator status

1. StellaSee profile image92
    StellaSeeposted 4 years ago

How does Hubpages determine if you become a level 1,2,3, etc. commentator? Is it based on the number of hubs you comment on? The quality of your comments? If you comment on different people? Does anybody know? I'm just curious...

1. Rangoon House profile image83
      Rangoon Houseposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I know you asked this question quite a while ago, but I'm pleased to have come across it and the answers that others have posted - as a newly active participant here, it was definitely good to read everybody's comments.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago
    1. StellaSee profile image92
      StellaSeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi relache I forgot about this, thanks for posting! I think the last time I read this was when I signed up..good to know!

3. Bedbugabscond profile image89
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

Relache, thanks. That is the first time I have seen that.
    StellaSee, I have been here 3 weeks and I am a level 3 commenter. I am not sure of the formula, but you just have to participate with other people in some sort of meaningful way. If you do a little each day it is not hard to move up. I am guessing each stage is a little harder to get. Still, by commenting I have discovered some great hubs with owners who are awesome.

1. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, I would be more inclined to say that it is actually effected by specific activity- i.e. commenting on hubs and asking questions and answering questions.

It might even include commenting on people's status on the Feed.

However, do realize you do earn a different accolade for activity within HubPages community and activity such as reporting SPAM will trigger. Posting to specific forum threads used to trigger the same accolade.

Then again, I wouldn't be too concerned with your accolades. They are really only there for your own ego boost. They are only posted on your profile as an option. You can be the only one who sees them or you can share them with everyone who reads your profile. They are irrelevant to earnings.

1. Bedbugabscond profile image89
        Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That is very interesting. Do you think removing accolades makes any difference to traffic?

1. Cagsil profile image60
          Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I would have no clue. Never bothered to test the theory. wink

2. relache profile image87
          relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It makes no difference.

2. StellaSee profile image92
      StellaSeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi bedbugabscond wow that's impressive~ congratulations! I thought I do comment pretty often..but not everyday though! According to the link that relache shared, I guess it helps to make comments on your own hubs as well, better start writing more I guess. I agree, I'm getting this feeling that every level is supposed to be harder to get than the previous one.

Hi Cagsil that's good advice! It's easy to get too obsessed with the accolades. The most important thing is to write, read other people's hubs, comment, enjoy the experience then if you get lucky, you'll get paid for your efforts. At least that's how I try to see it smile

Thank you guys for all your thoughts!

1. Brett Winn profile image87
        Brett Winnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I do not know, but I used to be a level 4 commentator, and after being busy in "real" life for some time, I come back to discover I am now a level 1! So the moral of the story is this: if you wish to keep your current level, keep commenting!

Closed to reply

working