jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (24 posts)

Adsense tracking help

1. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 4 years ago

I just noticed that I don't get reports on my Adsense clicks in my adsense account based on individual sites. I added my subdomain as a URL channel under My Ads. What do I need to do in order to get reports as to how many clicks I receive on my hubs? I'm not sure whether the clicks are from my hubs or my old site as it still gets a couple of views.

1. Eric Calderwood profile image80
      Eric Calderwoodposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am having the same problem and would appreciate anyone who knows about this stuff giving us a heads up on how to use it.

lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great smile At least I'm not alone

2. noenhulk profile image58
      noenhulkposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's right. I hope hubbers who knew anything about this adsense thingy can share this with us. I have to know also.

3. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In AdSense, you can add individual URL channels for each hub. Depending on how prolific you are, that can get tiresome -- and you're limited to roughly 100 pages you can track that way. The best way to do it is to link your AdSense account with your Analytics account. It will automagically track your subdomain and the individual pages.

The problem is that my Analytics and Adsense account are on two different Id's and I basically don't use the Adsense account for anything now. The analytics is well set up already on this acc. Is there a way to link them still? And its 500 URL channels smile

I thought of just tracking my main subdomain lobobr....hubpages.com/hub

1. lrohner profile image84

If your Analytics and AdSense are on different IDs (although I can't figure out why you would do that), try these instructions: http://reviewofweb.com/how-to/integrati … l-address/  Not sure if it will help, but I'm sure you can Google instructions on how to link them as well as I can.

Once you get the two linked, Analytics will track your individual URLs, whether you have 50 or 500.

Hmm I'll find out. But, my adsense acc is on an old account (odd id so can't use it publicly more childish) now I use my own name on my id. So thats the prob smile

1. lrohner profile image84

Okay, I don't understand the problem. I gave you two solutions: Add an individual URL channel in AdSense for each hub, or link your Analytics and AdSense.

From your last response, it is apparent to me that you don't have a legitimate AdSense account. I assume you're using someone else's or you've purchased a bogus one maybe? In either case, that's something you really need to solve -- not us.

Hey it's not a bogus one lol. I have my own Name and stuff. I got it when I turned 18 but my gmail account there is from when I was 12 or 13 so its a sort of childish name. I even got the verification of address stuff once I reached $10 and the Profile name is right too. Just the actual id is sort of funny smile

I'll be linking them together. Thanks for the help

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

With so few Hubs, the easiest thing is just to add each Hub in the "URL Channels" section.  I find the new Analytics too annoying personally!

For now I got few hubs, but then I'd be writing lots from mid June as I got a 3 month long holiday. I did add my best performing hubs as URL channels but I don't know how to view the results. Whenever I got to URL channel reports everything shows up other than my Hubs. And many clicks are missing - These are from HP I assume.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

Check to make sure you put them in URL channels and not Custom channels.

Yes, just checked, they're in URL channels. When I check the particular URL channel in my adsense account, it says - No information available and shows 0 page views and clicks.

But, when I go to Performance reports > URL Channels - Hub Pages isn't there at all.

However, when I go to Performance reports> Sites - Hub Pages is visible and I did get quite a few clicks this month.

PS: Under sites there's something called Web Cache and other. Any idea what this is? I got a few clicks from there even though it was just a few cents each.

I have HubPages.com as a URL channel too.  Try that.

Going to add it right now. Will keep you informed as to what happens. And another thing - I combined both my google accounts the one I currently use and the one I have adsense on. So, the analytics show on both (same results even though I have the code of just one). However, adsense tracking still isn't working from analytics. It still says I need to link adsense and analytics. I've already done that long ago and my other site works fine.

I may be wrong,but I'm pretty sure you can only combined them for your main site.  At least, that used to be the case.

Is there a way to change it and make HP my main site? Because, I've given up on the other place, it still gets traffic but the niche was never too good.

2. lobobrandon profile image82

I think I've done it. Will have to wait for 24hrs to see if its implemented. Thanks irohner big_smile I figured most of it out myself, but that link did point me in the right direction

1. rex michaels profile image81
      rex michaelsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mines reads like my cell phone bill, gives me a headache

1. brakel2 profile image86
        brakel2posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I second that. Too many headaches to be worth it. lol  I am trying to fix Analytics What a pain. But i won't give up.

3. lobobrandon profile image82

Marisa thank you sooo much! After I added hubpages.com and not my subdomain its working fine and I can finally tell when I get clicks from HP rather than other places smile

1. profile image0
      jenuboukaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Have you tried the Google webmaster tool option?  That might help er be easier; however, let me know when you figure that option out........I think I did then it went all weird for me.  smile

I didn't get you. I do have a webmasters account. But, do you track your adsense using it? Or are you saying link my account using it. I tried linking it so many times, just doesn't work.

working