jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Tax Information Help!

1. Silver Gooch profile image60
    Silver Goochposted 5 years ago

Hi guys!

I just joined Hubpages and had a question about the registration of my account. I went to fill out my Tax Information and it asked for my Social Security Number. I do not feel secure just handing out my Social to just any website, or even a website in general. Is there any other way for me to finish registering my account without entering my Social Security Number? Thanks guys!

--Silver Gooch

2. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I can only suggest maybe emailing directly with our HP team smile HP is a business and for payment to occur, that # is required for their own business records. Maybe try faxing it to them? or email but that will be between you and the HP team. They are awesome wink

1. Silver Gooch profile image60
      Silver Goochposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, I suppose that I am merely looking for legitimacy that this website won't do bad things with my Social Security Number. :-P

3. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

No, HP will not do bad things with your # smile payout does happen and is real.

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

If you want to be paid you have to provide your SS#. The companies to distrust are the ones that *don't* file their reports and pay their taxes.

If anyone has ever experienced a problem giving Hubpages their SS# I have never heard about it.

working