jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Join me in my Snoopy Dance!!!

1. DonnaCSmith profile image82
    DonnaCSmithposted 7 years ago

I just passed my first $100 mark!!!! Now what do I do? Can I save it, or am I required to request a payment in a certain amount of time? And, where do I do it?

1. omarabid profile image60
      omarabidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Cong! Keep going

2. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 7 years ago

Congratulations!  When you signed up for Adsense, did you not have to say how you would want to be paid?  If you did, you just need to wait for Google to pay you, in the month after you cross the 100 mark, I think.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

Congratulations Donna! Don't wear yourself out dancing.

4. brad4l profile image83
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

Congrats on getting over the first hurdle. For me, the first one was the hardest smile

If you login to AdSense, they have some fairly decent FAQs, which explain how the payouts work. I would suggest reading over these, because there are a few steps you have to go through to validate your account and such.

5. DonnaCSmith profile image82

Thank you! I was so excited I didn't even think about the adsense help pages. They have very clear info;o)

6. Ryan Hupfer profile image80
    Ryan Hupferposted 7 years ago

Congrats and here is your dance partner in case you need some pointers on how to get down. smile

7. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Personally, I'd claim it.  Touching wood and God forbid and everything else, but you never can tell what may happen in the future.  There have been cases of people getting banned by Adsense through no fault of their own - I'd hate to have a nice little lump sum built up then find I can't get it! 

The only exception to that advice would be if you can't get paid in your local currency, either directly into your bank or by cheque.  If you have to get paid in a US dollar cheque and you're not in the States, you're quite likely to be slugged a huge commission to bank the cheque which will put quite a hole in your balance.

8. DonnaCSmith profile image82

Yes, I have decided a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush;o)

9. dineane profile image86
    dineaneposted 7 years ago

get that money, Mama! :-)

Congrats, again!

10. hubby7 profile image80
    hubby7posted 7 years ago

Congrats, Donna! But I love that Snoopy dance. I'm a huge fan of Peanuts! My son loves him too. :lol