jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Blogger reposting Hubs

1. Outbound Dan profile image96
    Outbound Danposted 4 years ago

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I've seen many Hubs on the blog "Latest Hot Technology News" at latesthottechnologynews.blogspot.co m/2012_05_01_archive.html-(don't hyperlink this to give them a backlink).

The "author" included the following disclaimer:

"Please NOTE, this blog is generated based on hubpages technology       post and to promote the hubber's hubpages with free backlinks. If there is any problem from the main publisher of any content please inform us we'll try to do our better."

I found one of my Hubs on this website and asked them to take it down.  As of today, my Hub is still pasted to the blog. 

Just letting you guys know.

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow, that is a strange site. I see that the links at the top go to actual hubpage category pages. Not sure about this one. I am going to play around on it and see if any of my stuff is there.  I ran across my full hub about hurricane season on a site that promoted hurricane shutters. At my request it appears that they did drop the article from their site. It was weird because I could not find it as duplicate content but simply by clicking through a Google search looking for related links and on page four, I found that one.

Edit: I am not seeing anyway to "search" on that link for other articles, so I guess it is the one article only?

2. Bendo13 profile image84
      Bendo13posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Could this be an attempt to make it look like hubbers are a part of a "blog network" to help sink the site even more?

Or just someone's dumb idea...

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I always go right to Google and file a DCMA

1. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had that in mind, Uninvited Writer, in my recent instance, however, I gave him a day and went and checked and it was no longer there. I did give him an explanation as to why the duplicate content was a concern as well as the warning that my next step would be to do as you suggested.

3. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 4 years ago

The only hope with copied content is to "out-rank" them.
    If a hub is copied immediately how would Google know which was the original.
    But Google apparently does not have, or use, a date-stamp.
    The only hope is that, in time, the original published on HP will get a higher PR - eventually!!!! and that the original posted on a quality site will win out eventually!!!!. The only problem is that the copy could score the organic links.
    Reporting copies is really a hopeless endeavour in the long term, but could work in the shorter term.

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

I just had a look at this blog and I can't see anywhere to contact the blog owner?

Outbound Danposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I couldn't find anyplace either, so I left a message in the blog-comment section underneath my "borrowed" Hub.

1. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't waste any more time. Use this form - http://support.google.com/bin/request.p … ct=blogger and get his site de-indexed.
        He says he put the site up to give hubbers backlinks, but he obviously doesn't know what he is doing when he copied all of your hub.

Outbound Danposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Great advice; thanks IzzyM!

5. incomeguru profile image89
    incomeguruposted 4 years ago

What are these hungry bloggers taking us for? We must fight them out in the cyberspace.

6. Outbound Dan profile image96
    Outbound Danposted 4 years ago

Google removed my article from the blogger's page - thanks for the advice everyone.

7. michiganman567 profile image87
    michiganman567posted 4 years ago

I had one of my hubs reposted in several places.  Rather than chase them down and beg for them to stop, I started embedding a link to my blog in my writing.  That way at least I am getting a backlink from  them and hopefully my work will be ranked higher than any copies.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, one of my hubs was stolen and had a link back to the original. I sent a DMCA anyway smile I doubt that blog got any traffic at all.

8. Len Cannon profile image87
    Len Cannonposted 4 years ago

Haha, wow, this is astonishingly lazy, even for a content thief and scraper.

working