jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

A Way To Help Us Edit Our Hubs

1. angela_michelle profile image94
    angela_michelleposted 4 years ago

I started the apprenticeship program and am learning a lot. I am going through my hubs and making each more search friendly and adding details that should help it do better. The only thing is, I wish there was a way that I could mark my hubs saying, this one is edited, this one is not. I also have learned some of my hubs are not in compliance after learning certain rules

One idea I had was to have a rolling six month marker that states, this hub has not been edited in the last six months.

Since some people would never find a use for this, I tried thinking of other ways to do that. But I have not thought of any better option.

1. lobobrandon profile image81
      lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In the my accounts page, there is an option where you can sort hubs by last edited date. Its a relatively new feature, use that to keep track.

angela_michelleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh cool, I didn't realize that, thank you.

2. melbel profile image91
    melbelposted 4 years ago

This would actually be an awesome feature. I was hoping maybe we could be able to group hubs by different types of editing. I know we can group hubs, currently, but you can't put a particular hub in more than one group.

Like, let's say the new trend is to push your first image to the very top and there's another trend where you sign each hub with "Copyrighted by yournamehere" (these are just examples.) When I go to mass update my hubs, I have to get them all or I might find that I've missed some hubs.

I know you can sort by last edited, but sometimes I'll just edit a random grammatical error on a hub and not do the other things I want to do on a hub.

I know my idea is kind of micromanaging to large extent, but I don't know... I love the features HubPages has, but when you're working with 100+ hubs, making mass changes can get cumbersome to say the least! I was actually considering hacking at eBay turbolister to get it to help me make simple, uniform updates to ALL my hubs programmatically.

angela_michelleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I too want micromanage my hubs, but now I know I can use that tool, I may use that for now on. I'm kind of excited. I don't know how I didn't see that before.