jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Never Heard of Fanbox Before This Week

1. glendoncaba profile image79
    glendoncabaposted 4 years ago

If they are so great why is it I have never heard two hoots about their cyberspace heroics before this week?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

All I know is someone there reprinted a portion of a hub without permission. It doesn't even have the full article yet people are commenting saying how great this woman's blogs are...

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

I had a hub stolen from a Fanbox page also. I looked for it in SERPS and couldn't find it. It's a Facebook widget, I believe. I found it from an image. I commented on the article with a link to the original stating that I was the original author.
    I couldn't figure out how to report it because it's not a 'real' site, it's connected to Facebook.

UW, maybe it was the same person.

glendoncabaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Seems like the original FanBox is owned by SMS.ac and Facebook has something of the same name.

The site I am referencing is the original is the SMS.ac whatever.  Their PR sounds good.  Had a similar history to Fb in fact.  But why is it so new to us here?  To me?

They use an international phone text payment system, and invented many apps, they claim.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they are owned by SMS.ac. I don't know too much about it, but do know they use a social media widget on Facebook. Sometimes those apps spam your friends if you sign up and use it via FB. I don't know the revenue side of it. I wasn't very happy when I saw a user copy my hub, word for word, images and titles.

glendoncabaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yea!  The anti-spam site I linked in a post on this thread says when you sign up you give them your email address and password, as well as permission to use your info.  That's dangerous.

3. glendoncaba profile image79
    glendoncabaposted 4 years ago

OK, they are masters of spam if the following anti-spam article is true:

http://www.allspammedup.com/2009/08/fan … s-to-spam/

working