jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is going on with my traffic?!?!?

1. revortay1 profile image78
    revortay1posted 4 years ago via iphone

A few months ago I went from 170ish views a day to virtually 0 over night this lasted for a month and I did Nothing to change it then my views suddenly skyrocketed to close to 300 views a day for the past month and yesterday they fell back to nothing??? What is going on? I'm doing nothing at all my self

2. revortay1 profile image78
    revortay1posted 4 years ago

Sorry I put this in the wrong place!! smile

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I have requested to be moved to the Hubber's Hangout.

However, the trouble you are having with your traffic is mostly due to Google's algorithm and the changes it made.

There are a few other thread posted recently about it. Use the white box at the top of the page and search the forum for those threads. Stick with the most recent threads.

4. PaulGoodman67 profile image91
    PaulGoodman67posted 4 years ago

Paul Edmondson's recent hub on erratic traffic patterns is also worth a watch.

5. iefox5 profile image61
    iefox5posted 4 years ago

Many hubbers are reporting traffic decrease, the most important reason would be Google changes.

6. Cameron Corniuk profile image90
    Cameron Corniukposted 4 years ago

I haven't been active on HP recently, but I have checked in from time to time. I'd say it's been about a month or two since I've really had some time to sit down with it. I find it amazing to see how many reports I find online of all this sudden drop in traffic between 5/17 and 5/18 specifically. I haven't had any issues on sites I've been actively working with. I double checked my information and did some searching and this appears to be a week before Google's update, and even some direct statements from Google between those two days saying they didn't change anything. Meanwhile, between those two days, I saw an unprecedented drop of 90%. 24 hours, 90% drop on a site that hadn't been altered and had been either slowly gaining or staying steady since the end of last year? Seems a little odd. Plus, the most recent updates were to do with webspam traffic, which isn't used to drive traffic to the site. Traffic has always been 90% or more organic, and it's not much, but...there's something I'm missing and I can't put my finger on it. I like a puzzle, but not with money.