jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)

The Stats on My Account Page Look Crowded

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but I find the stats page harder to read. It seems too crowded.
    Is there any way to stretch the box wider and perhaps shade the slideshow views to make it easier to read?

1. Pearldiver profile image87
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Rebekah, Some wines are worthy of the side effects like narrowness of vision, loss of memory and concerns about the strange new figure in the stats column! smile

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Hey Rebekah,

Mine seem normal. I know they changed the layout over the course of my tenure here, but I'm not having any problems.

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

Hi Cags,

I'm sure it has always looked this way since they added the slideshow views, but for some reason, starting yesterday it looks so close together. I think shading would help define the separation between page views/slideshow views.

1. Cagsil profile image59
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Rebekah,

I have noticed from time to time, the "slideshow" views won't be on the statistics page. Yes, sometimes your statistic's page will not show every detail about "slideshow" views, but will show the "ever" of slideshow views.

The difference is probably what you are seeing now and why it looks crowded.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, when I don't see the slideshow views, I don't even see the ever of them. Rebekah you may have crossed some traffic values where more space is taken in the columns? Maybe slideshows from a few 100 to 1000 or visits in the day increased in figures somewhere else.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
        rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That makes sense. That's probably what it is.

I just checked this morning, and the slideshow views aren't showing, and it looks normal. smile

4. melbel profile image90
    melbelposted 4 years ago

It would be kind of awesome to "pull" stats from hubs (such as view durations, incoming links, rev potential stats which are currently only viewable on a hub by hub basis) and use this to customize our my account interface.

Then hubbers could have control over what kinds of stats they wish to regularly view.

That would be cool. But, do we have incoming links too? All I see is the *'s do you get the actual links?

1. melbel profile image90
        melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not on the HubPages interface, but there is a way to get the actual links. I'm cool with just the visual representation with asterisks, well not for incoming links... I don't really use the incoming links feature on HP. I will check out the actual links for an ego boost or to find a way to kind of help it become more popular (if someone blogs about my hub, I'll facebook like it, stumble it, whatever.)

Ok smile That makes sense

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That would be a nice feature, I agree. Sometimes we don't have time to check our hubs, especially those of you with hundreds.

I use analytics and Webmaster tools for more detailed info. It is interesting checking the incoming links.

big_smile I can't blame it on the wine last night because I didn't have any. smile

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

Hey RE...mine look fine...i bet you have lots of visitors...that's a good thing right?...you're running out of room big_smile

6. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I wish we could pick what stats we want showing!

I have no interest whatsoever in slideshow views as I do not intend to put up photography hubs ever.

I'm also not particularly interested in having number of comments showing on the main stats page.

We already get bombarded by email and the notification thingy at the top of the page whenever there is a comment, so this column is not needed.

And hub score is the least relevant statistic of the lot!

I totally agree - all the rest I do want though.

2. melbel profile image90
      melbelposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Agreed. I mean, I like getting comments, but it doesn't really "do" anything for me to have a count on the stats page. Same with slideshow views. I can see how that's important, though, if you're into photography, but I'm not so I largely ignore the numbers there.

7. Scribenet profile image83
    Scribenetposted 4 years ago

My stats get crowded sometimes and at other times they are fine...I think it is my computer memory rather than any other problem. I just go on at another time and all is fine.

working