jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Get "Item Not Found" when searching for a specific Amazon book

1. Margaret W profile image60
    Margaret Wposted 4 years ago

I have an Amazon affiliate account, and am trying to link to a specific book. I've tried the ASIN number, the link to the page, and also the link given by Amazon when I search for the book directly through my Amazon affiliate account. But for some reason, I can't find it when searching through the hub capsule. I searched the forums and saw that others have had this problem, but none of the solutions offered worked for me. Any suggestions?

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

If you are having a tech problem with HP, then you would be best to email contact team@hubpages.com and advise them directly of the glitch.... or switch this thread over to 'Report a Problem' category, which they generally follow in the forums.... or Change the Book title and see if the problem persists.. or all of the above and Don't Hold your breath!  I wish I could say "I'm sure they will deal with this issue urgently." But I would probably be misleading you, which is not my intent.   Good Luck... perhaps ask Amazon to look at it from their side also... they may provide you with a faster solution.

Margaret Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks I didn't see the 'report a problem' category. I will post there now.

1. Cagsil profile image82
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So you deleted the Amazon capsule you were working with and installed a new one, and tried again? If so, then okay.

Go to Amazon. Locate the book. Copy and Paste the URL of the specific page the book is on and insert that into the slot. If this doesn't fix your problem, then I would say yes there might be a glitch in the Amazon capsule.

And, don't start another thread on this topic. I have reported this thread to staff, so as to have it moved to the right topic/category.

Margaret Wposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I did just see that this can't be reposted. Also I have tried pasting the URL and deleting and recreating the capsule and even the entire hub. . Will probably email the hub team to see if they have any suggestions.

1. Norah Casey profile image81
            Norah Caseyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Margaret,

I've just responded to your email. We need more details from you (a link to the product you are trying to include in the Amazon capsule and a link to the Hub in progress). Please followup with us there. Thank you!

Closed to reply