jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (15 posts)

Promoting A Hub

1. pennylu profile image60
    pennyluposted 4 years ago

I see in the hubnuggets thread that nominees are encouraged to get out there and promote their hubs.  I'm so new, I do not understand how this might be done. And, yes, I was nominated (a huge surprise). Do I vote?  I assume it is considered tacky to vote for oneself?  Anyway help is appreciated.  Thanks!

1. Johnathan L Groom profile image60
      Johnathan L Groomposted 4 years ago in reply to this

i am content writing, and am always enjoying to see a new visitor from a web server/browser/engine before a monetary target like adsense incorporation... hope it helps!

pennyluposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I definitely do this for a love of writing too.  Everything else is just frosting on the cake.  Thanks, Johnathan!

2. Sherry Hewins profile image95
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is certainly fine to vote for yourself, also let your followers know you've been nominated. Tell your friends and family (they don't have to join HubPages to vote.

Thank you, Sherry.  It was actually one of my followers who let me know that I'd been nominated!  I didn't even know what a hubnugget was.  I'm learning!

3. leahlefler profile image97
      leahleflerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Pennylu - when I had a hubnugget nomination, I shared the link on facebook and sent it to my family and friends via email.

Done!  Thanks so much, Leahlefler!  It's keeping me busy!

4. mjkearn profile image59
      mjkearnposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Pennylu,
      and welcome to hub pages. We are the same hub age 5 weeks. Was only in the same position as you and had exactly the same questions. Simple answer promote your hub and yourself to the highest level you can. Use Facebook, twitter, call the national papers, run outside and shout it from the hill tops. Well done you.
      I'm still finding my feet here and was surprised that the "promote yourself" info didn't come with the notification of nomination. I went searching for info on the exact same questions you have asked and by the time I found answers, voting was over. I see this weeks nominations come with the go promote yourself info. So go get a sandwich board and march proudly up and down your local town, you deserve to,
      MJ.

1. Cagsil profile image59
        Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol lol

2. pennylu profile image60

You put a smile on my face, mjkearn!  Thanks for such a fun reply.  Tell me, have you figured out the secret key that unlocks the referral tracker ID to put on your profile in order to invite others to join hubpages?  I'm still stuck on that one.  Any help from a past nominee, and fellow hubber, would be so appreciated.

Hey Penny,

Here's a hub to help you with your referral tracker. Missolive wrote a great hub to explain it and how to use it. smile

http://missolive.hubpages.com/_missoliv … -and-Blogs

2. Cagsil profile image59
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Well you could vote for yourself if you feel. Who votes for who is not known. Just a percentage is determined. Whoever has the highest percentage of votes wins.

You can promote it on Twitter if you want. You can also post it on Facebook and ask people to vote for you.

By you taking this action, you've drawn people in, which should tap their curious nature, so it might get you some traffic and votes. smile

Thanks for the help, and great suggestions.  I was a little caught off guard on this hubnugget nominee thing.  It's been a week of trying to keep my nose to the grindstone, and I got in big trouble for one of my hubs being too promotional so I was trying to clean house, so to speak.  Learning Curves all over the place for this grandma, and desert dweller.  Life isn't boring, that's for sure.  Thanks, again!

You're welcome.

I would have waited on the unpublished hub, unless you could managed to do both. wink

3. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

To win mine... I had to wear a sandwich board for 5 days and be extremely helpful for 6 months... and bribe the judges!

So.. you are lucky that you are using this thread to get voters big_smile

Congratulations on being nominated - it means a great deal. smile

I would suggest objectively, that you consider Not using Upper Case text in your titles though, as it tends to have a negative effect on many readers.

working