jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (27 posts)

Share a crazy dream!

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Last night I dreamed a crocodile was chasing me, but Colonel Sanders (the Kentucky Fried Chicken guy) saved me.

1. Blond Logic profile image89
      Blond Logicposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Normally I don't remember my dreams but last week I had a dream that included Robert Redford (a young version). We were in a grubby cinema and he was wearing one of those Russian hats and he kept trying to hold my hand. Apparently he invited me to his place and when I arrived, there was a long sweeping lawn that led to his house. As I went through the gate there was an old rusty chair blocking it and the gate nearly fell off its hinges. Inside, I was offered the equivalent of frozen pastries by a man who was mentally retarded. I think I forced myself to wake up to get out of there.
      I need to stop eating processed foods!

2. ptosis profile image80
      ptosisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Crazy dreams - I wish I had a socket into my brain and plug in a video recorder - I could write movies and books while I sleep. I have a dream diary. So if wake up in the middle of the night I scrawl a few words down so that I won't forget. Then in the morning enter online at:dreammoods.com Here is one that I call "Zombies & Straighten Up & Fly Right: Lucid Nightmare" @ http://dreammoods.com/dreamforum/viewto … mp;t=46811

"I was flying like a huge bird but had to flap hard. Each upward life of 'wings' brought me down. Sometimes I didn't have wings but flapped a cloth 'parachute' in each hand to stay aloft. I was still aloft but barely out of touch of the zombies who tried to catch me.

At the first massive die-off of human beings turning into zombies, I was able to easily escape. Eventually, I am the omega human being and all the zombies, (not slow!), were geared towards eliminating me.

I flew to the mountains & recluse hermit for a long time. Then the leader of the zombies invited me for a 1 year anniversary celebration of the day of the zombie - a one day truce.

I've must've been very lonely and with poor judgement went to the zombie house party. Got drunk and couldn't fly right. During the parade a huge long line of 60 foot tether to balloons was released from a sheath that kept it from tangling. It was released to ensnare me. I flew into the pine boughs to escape. Then I was inside the zombie house and bird-net snares were set-up everywhere to catch me.

BTW: I've have been having nightmares about zombies since I was a kid. When I was living in Poughkeepsie - they were IBM zombies........ That's why I have a thing about zombies because after having nightmares 2-3 times a week for 2-3 years, I had made my peace with zombies by not showing fear (like horses & dogs) but then the zombies would want to kiss me and then I would have to start running again ..........

3. mts1098 profile image83
      mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

ok - capture the gator and throw it on the grill with the chicken smile

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Never had grilled gator, but fried gator tail is pretty good!

1. mts1098 profile image83
          mts1098posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I tried breaded gator one time while in Florida but I have yet to find one in PA smile

2. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

You have to cut down on that artificial sweetener H... Col Sanders is dead! big_smile

- You worry too much!

- You worry unnecessarily!

- You need to look at the upside of things more often!

- You need to teach your new SIL how to make Fried Chicken! smile

3. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 4 years ago

Have you ever tried to influence your dreams by concentrating on a vision just before going to sleep?

I'm going to think about Brenda asking for time off from her job at Planned Parenthood so she can attend an Atheists for Obama rally in San Francisco...

I'll let you know how it turns out.

4. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 4 years ago

It was probably just Mick Dundee aging poorly! smile

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 4 years ago

Since I started this diet, I've had some really funny dreams. Last night I dreamed we were having a bunch of small aquariums installed on the walls of our office/library. So not only have I lost 55 pounds, I also get free nightly entertainment! lol

1. watergeek profile image94
      watergeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is cool. Aquariums in Eastern symbology (feng shui) represent good luck, especially with money.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I have crazy dreams all the time but don't remember most of them when I wake up smile

7. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 4 years ago

I had a dream the other day that I was learning to be a cave diver. The girl in the group was with killed the guy after having drunk some of the cave water and having it turn her tears black. She then tried to kill me but I dived deep into the water and some sort of leviathan monster ate her. Later on, I was swimming somewhere else and found I could breath underwater and figured the cave waters I learned diving in must have been magical.

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. watergeek profile image94

So your inner monsters took each other out and left you free to breathe more freely and deeply and to discover your own magic?

1. kirstenblog profile image78
        kirstenblogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Or my mind is trying to come up with a new story for a possible ebook long long before I finish the one I am on. Frankly, I think I just watch to much TV and too many movies big_smile
        My dreams often feel like Hollywood blockbusters lol
        But I do like your interpretation big_smile

3. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Kirsten... did you know that this style of dream is most commonly associated with extreme bed-wetting?? yikes  big_smile

8. watergeek profile image94
    watergeekposted 4 years ago

Last night I dreamed that I was awakened by the sound of owls. I live in Southern California in the city, so that was unusual. I got up to look out my window and saw a bunch of owls fly past. Then I noticed there was a big tree by my window with a big owl sitting in it looking at me. It was dark, so I could just see it like a shadow. Then I noticed there was one on a higher branch, then another and another, all looking at me. I wanted to go get my camera, but realized it was too dark, I wouldn't get back in time, and I didn't really know where it was. As I became more anxious I heard a voice inside say, "It's ok, they're not really there" and I woke up.

Since owls stand for secrecy and wisdom, and they were all looking at me from the dark, I figure the dream was saying that inner wisdom is emerging through my writing, and that I don't need to highlight or try capture it visually or be anxious about it, but just let it emerge.

9. Shanna11 profile image91
    Shanna11posted 4 years ago

Last night I had a dream I was kidnapped by a spy from North Korea (he told me he was a spy from NK-- some spy, huh?) and had a little boy with him. Haha, by the end of the dream I was madly in love with him. It was very much like a movie with a fairly decent plot....

1. dainy665dane profile image60
      dainy665daneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Now this one's very cool! :-)

10. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 4 years ago

It didn't work.  I just had the same ol' train / tunnel dream...

1. Pearldiver profile image86
      Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

And woke up totally shunted, between the top sheet and the duvet! big_smile

1. watergeek profile image94

Trapped by an idle locomotive next to me, huffing and snorting in the night, blocking my way.

11. JKenny profile image94
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

I once dreamt that dinosaurs came to my school and proceeded to attack it. The huge Sauropods were destroying the buildings, while T-Rex and the other raptors were chasing people.

As it was my dream, I got to play the hero, and I managed to lead a party of terrified pupils (including my brother) away from the school undetected (or so I thought!)

As we exited the school, we were spotted by a couple of velociraptors who gave chase. As luck would have it, I found a car close by, and despite being just 10 years old, knew exactly what to do. The car chase scene was very similar to the Jurassic Park one, except we weren't being chased by T-Rex.

I managed to get everyone home safely, but when my brother and I returned to our home, we were shocked to discover a Triceratops trying to destroy our house. Mu mom was in the upstairs window screaming her head off.

Then the dream got even weirder.I leapt heroically from the vehicle and brandished a lightsaber- yes a lightsaber from Star Wars. I looked the beast square in the eye and for some reason said: 'I'm ready; are you ready?' Unfortunately I woke up just as I charged forward. Pretty weird huh?

12. asfdeweese profile image60
    asfdeweeseposted 4 years ago

I always have weird dreams and I find them very inspiring artistically.  I have developed many story ideas based on the off-the-wall occurances in my nightly jaunts.

One thing bothers me though...I NEVER dream about people I know.  Anytime I have a conversation with someone in my dreams it is with a person that FEELS familiar but I am pretty sure I have never met them in real life.  It kinda creeps me out.  Does anyone else have this problem?

13. tjaxon profile image61
    tjaxonposted 4 years ago

At the zoo, the animals got free. Then suddenly being chased by a jaguar, that soon after transforms into Daniel Craig and he wants to kill me

14. 61
    slim93posted 4 years ago

This morning I had a dream me and my friend Jacob were cleaning the bathroom at my house. (goofy, I know) Two of my old teachers were there too in the bathroom tell me about something which I don't remember. Anyway, We all split up, and somebody else started cleaning the bedroom next to the bathroom. The bedroom had a faucet on the wall and somebody turned it on. Then i stepped into the halway for a second and somebody said, "Watch out" and a long puddle of water spilled out into the hallway and I jumped back into the bathroom. Wow. Somebody flooded the bedroom. That's all I remember. lol.