jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

referral trackers

1. chef-de-jour profile image88
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

I'm having trouble fully grasping how to use referral trackers. I've read a great hub which explains all BUT find myself going round in circles. Where exactly do I paste the URL of a great hub (after clicking on Link to this page)and what do I do with the referral tracker. Pardon my idiot's level of understanding but a real simple explanation would be appreciated.

1. Just Ask Susan profile image88
      Just Ask Susanposted 4 years ago in reply to this
    2. chef-de-jour profile image88
      chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If I want to paste the HTML for widget purposes I copy HTML then paste it where? In the URL of my profile page? Sorry I am so dumb.

3. missolive profile image93
      missoliveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi chef -
      for the tracker url: you can use that as a cut and paste link onto any page that allows it. You can use it in blogs, email, facebook, twitter and so on. You could use it on your profile too but I believe profiles will be updated soon and it may not show up.

As for the widget. You would cut and paste that code into a blog or website. You need to be sure you are in the html section when pasting. Widgets won't work on you HubPages profile page. Widgets are for off site pages.

I hope that helps.

1. chef-de-jour profile image88
        chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Very kind missolive, thanks for the detailed reply - you've helped enormously.

working