jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

When I posting a reply on a topic I can't find it again.

1. gabgirl12 profile image60
    gabgirl12posted 4 years ago

If I choose a particular post to reply to, I can't really find it, if the forum has had many replies. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack.   

I notice the Q & A's are easier to track since the inception of the comments and being able to vote them up and down. You can see your comment just below the Answer to a particular question. It looks neat and organized. And it goes down in a straight line. Can't the same be implemented here? Or at least fixed to where its easier to track? I'm sure it should look like a tree, but it doesn't. I've given up posting on the more popular parts of the forum because when I look at where I posted my reply, it seems out of place.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you click the button "your" on the forum you will get all the posts you have replied to.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
        Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well that is just spiffy! I had wished for such a place to click for that info and I have overlooked it all this time, lol.  Thanks Univited Writer. smile

2. gabgirl12 profile image60
        gabgirl12posted 4 years ago in reply to this

LOL, Thanks from me too. Is there also a button where you can see who replies to you on the forums. I don't mean when you start a thread.

2. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Gabgirl, do you ever change from Chronological view to Threaded view? There is a button at the top right where you can make the change.  When you are not signed in, you can only see forum threads in the Threaded view.  I hugely prefer Chronological, bit I admit it is easier to see who has replied specifically to your comments in Threaded view.

1. gabgirl12 profile image60
      gabgirl12posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just tried Chronological. I think I am going to stick with that. I remember who I replied to (amazingly enough) and it makes it easier to follow my posts. I was just not able to find them.

I think however I may refer back to threaded if I need a better time line when it comes to the discussion of 'who said what to who'. So, I definitely agree with you on that.