jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Hide Hub Scores?

1. Chubzdoomer profile image81
    Chubzdoomerposted 4 years ago

I asked this a few weeks ago but received no satisfactory answers, so I'll give it one last shot.

Is there any way to hide the "score" of my hubs from viewers?  I write computer game reviews and when I show them to other people, they often assume the hub score is what I rated the game.  I can't blame them because after all, the score is shown right beside the title and in most cases a number in that position would indicate the rating assigned to the product.  I don't understand why it's visible to viewers to begin with since it pertains only to me.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good point.  I find outsiders frequently misunderstand the score - I even had one person think it meant I was ranked 96th out of 100 (i.e. nearly last)!  So I hope Rebekah is right and it will disappear from Hubs soon.

2. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 4 years ago

Unfortunately, visible Hubscore is such an integral part of the structure of Hubpages that I don't think they'd make it optional, although you could try submitting the suggestion to Hubpages' contact address and explaining the problem.

But I'm afraid asking for that may be like asking Japanese gaming companies to ship games with original Japanse voices and English subtitles instead of godawful American dubs: it makes sense for a minority of users who would much prefer it, but for everyone else it doesn't, so they ain't gonna. (Shut UP, Tidus!)

3. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

When the new layout is live on all hubs, I believe the hub score will be eliminated. That's supposed to take place mid or late summer. It doesn't show now on the categories that have the new layout, but remains on the other categories.
    If you check Fashion and Beauty, Recipes, and Technology hubs, there are no hub scores.