Non-Promotional Hub With Overly Promotional Violation

1. alipuckett profile image83
    alipuckettposted 4 years ago

Hi everyone!  My name is Ali, and I hub for fun.  I don't take revenue on any of my articles, so my ad levels are set to low.  Recently, my hub 'How To Raise a House Rabbit Pet' was flagged for violations because I linked to the same domain 3 times.  The hub is not promotional in any way.  There were just several good resource articles I wanted to point to.  After my hub was unpulished, I realized I needed to remove one of the links, so the hub was re-approved.  However, now the ad level must be set to 'high' or I receive a warning that says 'this hub appears to be promotoinal'.  Could anyone provide any insight into why this is happening and what I can do to correct it?  Since the hub is NOT promotional, I would really prefer the ad level to be low. 

Thanks in advance for your help!  smile

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Except for the several places where you say "I recommend..." and then link to a specific product or another website.  You can't get much more promotional than that.

Sites which serve ads or earn money in any way are considered commercial, and hubs which link to them must have ads set on "high."

The site FAQ discusses this,

If you want to be able to turn off advertisements, the best strategy is to remove any and all outgoing links.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Relache gives a good explanation.  Why not sign up for Adsense and the HP program anyway?