jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Help with citing on this hub

1. Bedbugabscond profile image88
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

I am trying out MLA format citing in the hubs. When citing, I am including the link in the Works cited area. The link is not blue, or live. I know we can only have 1 link to any given source, so should I still hyperlink in the text? If so should I hyperlink the article name in the in text cite, or in the text itself? Or would having the URL, not linked and a link violate terms? I am going to post the link here in a few, when I finish editing the article, so I can get your full advice.

Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ok here it is. I have the cited parts in the section I cited, should I move them to the bottom? Before or after the pics?

http://bedbugabscond.hubpages.com/hub/B … Bite-Photo

1. lrohner profile image85
        lrohnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

IMHO, the in-text citations look and read very awkwardly here to me. Matter of fact, I probably wouldn't use the Orkin cite at all, since you're really just talking about pretty generic information.

If you are really set on using citations, I would just hyperlink the words "Orkin" and "Ohio State" in the body of the text to the appropriate web page, and then take all of the other stuff and put it at the bottom of the doc in a separate capsule as a footer. You should also set the text off by using a different font or a different size or something.

Just my two cents...

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree.

Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks you two! I am going to make those changes now. Interestingly enough, since I gave this hub a good hard edit (I know it is probably still not perfect), it has gained a few organic visitors. I don't know if editing it for readability and quality did that, or just because it is finding its natural position in the search results now that a few weeks have passed.

working