Recipe Writers: What type of traffic are you seeing?

1. Len Cannon profile image90
    Len Cannonposted 4 years ago

I know it is dangerous to share too much traffic information, especially with recipes which are easily copied by unscrupulous people.  But I was wondering if anyone who has a large number of recipes posted here on HubPages could share with me how they're doing?  Maybe average number of visits per Hub you've written.

Obviously, the HP team is interested in seeing more or we wouldn't have a contest coming up.  I've started a new account that might be focusing more on cooking than the one I have right now.  I am very curious as to how HubPages is doing with recipes, however. Has it caught on? Is it getting the search traffic we would want?

I'm interested in people's experiences and to see how it matches up with my own once I shotgun ten to fifteen articles over the next month.

1. janderson99 profile image87
      janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Its an extremely tough area to compete in. As for any topic, keyword research is the key and for recipes the tactic that works for me is focusing on really narrow and 'weird' stuff. The topics that work best for me are 'how to' review type articles with lots of recipes and advice about a different cooking technique or approach. I personally don't use the recipe capsule as its too complicated - people just want a list of ingredients and a method. You can't compete with a standard simple recipe using a similar layout on all the established recipe sites (how do you establish authority???). A single recipe is far too short for HP anyway.

Just my tablespoons worth

2. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

Many of the staff here are producing recipe hubs so I am guessing they get traffic. I have a feeling social sites from Pinterest to Facebook are of major importance.

Quality pictures or video probably matter more than great text.