jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Adsense Trouble

1. Liloz Musings profile image61
    Liloz Musingsposted 5 years ago

I'm trying to sign up for a google adsense account. However when I tried to sign up through google it told me to sign up through hubpages. When I tried to do that hubpages tells me that I already have an adsense account associated with hubpages, lists my publisher id, that the association process isn't complete and that I should have received instructions for completing the process by email from Google. However I haven't received anything. I've checked my inbox and spam, nothing. What do I do now? I don't understand how I can have an adsense account associated with hubpages since I never finished signing up for one.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If HubPages shows your publisher ID, then you must have applied before and got part of the way through the process.

Can you remember the email and password you used?  If so, try logging in to Adsense and see what it says.  If it says "still under review" then it's under review.

If you don't know the password, enter your email address here and they'll send it to you:

https://www.google.com/adsense/assistlogin

or fill in this form:

https://support.google.com/adsense/bin/ … word_login

Liloz Musingsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the links, unfortunately it didn't help. I tried both methods and got the same reply, there's no record of my account.

I never completed the process so I don't see how I would have an account really. I tried to sign up and was instructed to sign up through hubpages but when I logged into my hubpages account it told me that the association was pending and it won't let me continue the sign up process. When I click configure it gives me the message I posted above. I'm at a complete lost as to what to do now.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
          Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Could you possibly have used a different email address?

It's hard to see how a publisher ID could appear on HP without you putting it there.

I didn't use a different email, I was already signed into google when I tried to sign up and it asked if I wanted to use the address I logged in with and I told it to go ahead so I know I couldn't have used a different one.

2. Judy Mac profile image60
          Judy Macposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm having trouble with AdSense, too.  I think maybe they just make you wait a while.  That's just a guess, though.

1. Bedbugabscond profile image88
            Bedbugabscondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your not the first person to run in to this problem. I really stress that people should wait at least a month and 10 hubs before they set up adsense. If you are going to set it up, don't stop in the middle. Try searching the forums and see if the others with this issue found a solution.

I didn't want to stop in the middle but it wouldn't let me go any further once I put hubpages as my primary domain.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 5 years ago

Having just one or two Hubs and trying to get approved by AdSense isn't a sound strategy.  That may have worked about six years ago, but it surely doesn't now.  They want to see a definite web presence, not a hint of a web presence.

I'll add more hubs and see if that helps. Thanks.

3. Judy Mac profile image60
    Judy Macposted 5 years ago

All these responses really help me, too.

working