2 of my Hub Pages not working a 100%

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (21 posts)
  1. mecheshier profile image79
    mecheshierposted 11 years ago

I have 2 HubPages: The only Hub that are on the topic wine
    mecheshier.hubpages.com/hub/Emerging-Wine-Countries
    mecheshier.hubpages.com/hub/New-World-Wine-Regions-and-Old-World-Wine-Countries-2010

The Hubs are not showing any information on both side of the article e.g. Most Hubs have your name, followers number of Hubs etc on the upper right hand corner. Under this info is usually an ad then next there is a link to more of the authors Hub and to contact. Next; related Hubs and then tags and then another ad.

Both of the above Hubs do not have anything on the right side. At first I thought it was a glitch in the system and it would work itself out in a day. The last 3-4 days I have been on HubPages a lot surfing Hubs and updating my info. None of other peoples Hubs have this problem. I have been visiting at least 10 Hubs a day.

Are my 2 "wine" Hubs red flagged? It has been 4 days now.

1. profile image0
      DigbyAdamsposted 11 years ago

I believe that that's just one of the new hub formats that HubPages is testing.

mecheshierposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I can't be.. There is no place to add or change tags and no Advertisements. etc.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
          Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It is one of the new layouts. 

You've placed several pictures and Amazon capsules on the right-hand side, which is preventing the top right-hand ad block appearing (it finally appears half-way down your Hub).  There's also an ad right at the end of your Hub.

As for tags, you have to be in edit mode to change those in the new layout.

Marisa

Yes, there are usually ads at the end of a Hub.
            One is not able to place ads or pics or text on the right hand side. This would require admin rights! As for tags, one cannot add tags in edit mode but it is in you regular page as long as you are logged in. I would send a print screen if I could.

I am doubting that is is a new layout, no place to add tags, no ads, no info on the writer, etc.

Sorry, I don't mean in the right hand sidebar - I mean on the right within your Hub.  If you write a long enough first paragraph, you'll see an ad appear to the right of it, automatically.

You can add tags in edit mode. You need to click on the word "tags" in the menu in the right sidebar.  In the old layout, the tags were also visible on the Hub in "regular" mode.  In the new layout, they're not.

The new layout has no info on the writer.  There has been lively discussion about this in the Official Announcement forums. The tags are no longer visible either.  There are two ads.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/97175

2. mecheshier profile image79

Plus no other user that I found had this problem.

All my other Hubs are fine

This is quite frustrating now. I am feeling that if this does not get fixed soon I will pull out all my Hubs.

2. profile image0
      DigbyAdamsposted 11 years ago

mecheshier If you take away the picture of wine and the Amazon capsule, I bet you'll see a block of Amazon ads appear. You can then figure out where to place the picture of wine and Amazon capsule, so that you don't preclude ads showing up.

Marissa is correct. You aren't putting ads to the right of the hub, they are appearing within the hub. You don't need admin rights for this.

(I've just spent the day figuring out how long the text has to be and where to place images, to get the ads to appear as I want them to.)

Miss Adams that pic has been there and the Amazon ads since 01/28/11 and 08/14/09, depending on which article you are talking about.

3. melbel profile image95
      melbelposted 11 years ago

This is one of the new layouts being tested, not a bug.

There are no tags (that show, anyway) on this particular layout. Some of my hubs have this new layout, too.

I see an ad block next to your Romania section. If you would like that ad nit higher up, you could add more text to capsules that are higher up on the page or make that second picture full-sized instead of nested into the text capsule.

melbel. Thank you for your reply. I have honestly been looking for Hubs that have the same type of page.  Although I looked through 6 of your Hubs and did not find any that are missing the side info.

Does your new page have your info, links to more more of your Hubs, # of Hubs, # of Followers etc? Mine does not, there is nothing!  It has nothing to do with my page layout/design. Ads are withing the article but not outside the layout. All blank. Nothing I do to my Hub layout will change the "Skin/outer layer" That is an admin feature.

The author info and number of Hubs is not shown on the new layout (many Hubbers are not happy with that fact).  The links to more of your Hubs are at the end of your Hub, under the heading "Others are also reading..."

Here's one of my Hubs with the same layout:

marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/caramelize-an-onion

Here's one of Melbel's:

melbel.hubpages.com/hub/Polish-Food

Marisa. Thank you so much!  Well, you are right, I am sure that many Hubbers are not happy with the new layout including myself. I didn't find any links at the bottom of the Hub and I checked again to see if I could add tags in edit mode and found them!!!   So sorry.

PS melbel. I must say yours is the best answer so far. Please let me know which Hubs of yours have the same format. It would be well appreciated. TY

4. mecheshier profile image79
      mecheshierposted 11 years ago

I suppose I am getting frustrated with all of. It also doesn't help that I have been trying to load my new website but having issues. Help Desk keeps passing the buck... 
      Thanks everyone for hanging in there and helping me. And if I came across as to curt or hurt anyone's feelings I am sorry

That's frustrating.  Who is your website hosted with? 

I had all kinds of trouble when I started my site (it doesn't help that I'm technologically blonde) - luckily I'm with Hostgator and they were really helpful.  In fact the help desk ended up setting up almost the whole thing for me!

Can we help?

HostGator. I has great reviews. Ah, but I am a techie brunette and it is not helping. No, first their FTP would,'t work but that took at least two weeks to figure out. Their =solution was to use FileZilla as an FTP.Then my site went live but I did not know it until way later, showing my IP address. I wanted to wait until I had everything loaded. The HostGator template was not loaded so they would blame FileZilla, and on and on.   Finally the template is loaded and it only takes up half the page in the center. Their solution was to use Dreamweaver to fix it. That means I would have to start over and then add my own programming. Yikes...  that was yesterday. So I am thinking on loading a WordPress template. They look professional and take up the whole page.

Can't help you with Filezilla.  I use Cpanel.

I definitely recommend Wordpress.  Very easy to install from cpanel - look for the Fantastico icon.   Good luck with it!

TY for asking Marisa. :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)