jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

Thank you Google!

1. Docmo profile image94
    Docmoposted 4 years ago

I know its not very often we thank Google in hubland, thanks to their frequent algorithm changes and cyber meddling with updates. I wanted perhaps to break the trend, simply because of the unintended benefits of today's Google doodle. You see, today is the anniversary of Peter Carl Fabergé's birthday and google has doen one of their wonder doodles featuring Fabergé Eggs.

My hub on this subject : 'Worlds best Easter Eggs' has enjoyed unprecedented views overnight and I was mystified as to why until I saw the Google doodle on their home page!

So there, I've said it: Thank you Google! ( for a change) I will now hide, in case fellow hubbers want to lynch me ;-)

1. Outbound Dan profile image98
      Outbound Danposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Though it's hard to know the mind of the Google Gods, it looks as if their fortune has smiled upon you.  Me on the other hand, I think they are testing my faith. 
      I wouldn't worry though, I doubt that the angry mob will lynch someone for defying the odds and finding unexpected success.

2. 0
      summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My hub on painted eggs took a little (little) leap, too!

2. sjwigglywoo profile image82
    sjwigglywooposted 4 years ago

That's great news! I think goggle may have finally found me as I am now getting traffic from them, it's only very small numbers, yet from little acorns grow big oak trees!

3. JKenny profile image93
    JKennyposted 4 years ago

I'm going to risk getting strung up by the lynch mob as well and say thanks to the big G, for sending me loads of traffic, especially to a Hub I wrote several weeks ago about the biggest snake that ever lived.

4. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Lynch mob???  I doubt that very, very much.  Although I was never one to bow to the Google gods, I do enjoy my little red Christmas trees on my account.

1. Docmo profile image94
      Docmoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I love 'em Christmas trees too.

5. MelissaBarrett profile image59
    MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago

Google didn't have anything to do with it (that I know) but being number two on the page of obscure zombie keywords has really been nice the last couple days...

So I wish to say thank you to the dude that chewed that other guy's face off.

1. Docmo profile image94
      Docmoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

ha ha! random events and their unintended benefits, indeed.

6. Steve Lensman profile image84
    Steve Lensmanposted 4 years ago

Well done Docmo! I had a similar experience this week when my Golden Gate Bridge hub jumped to the top of my daily hub views. It had me wondering why the sudden interest when I saw it was the bridge was celebrating its 75th anniversary. smile