jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)

What to do when running out of hub topics to write?

1. StephenCowry profile image60
    StephenCowryposted 5 years ago

Aside from the topics that we find interesting, what are the other ways that could make us come up with an interactive discussion on hubpage?

1. lobobrandon profile image83
      lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your out of ideas after 1 hub??

StephenCowryposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Not really! smile Just foreseeing such a possibility at future time.

2. cloverleaffarm profile image73
      cloverleaffarmposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Look around in your daily life. There are so many topics, and twists on topics that you can write from.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I think I just need to observe more as to what's going on around me. Thanks!

3. Jason Marovich profile image87
      Jason Marovichposted 5 years ago in reply to this

At top right, on the black HubPages toolbar, you'll see the word "explore".  Hover over that until the drop down appears and click "answers".

You can browse questions answered and unanswered from there, and this is a great way to get ideas for hubs.  You can also write a hub in direct reply to a question.  I think coming to the forums to help you with ideas is good, too.  Take a look at what people are talking about, and if it appeals to you, write an original slant article on that topic.

Thanks for that helpful idea Jason. I'll do that.

2. Denise Handlon profile image87
        Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile

4. inaniLoquence profile image84
      inaniLoquenceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I personally enjoy "stumbling" in StumbleUpon. The sites it leads me to are absolutely interesting. You might want to try it sometime, if you haven't. It sometimes gives me an aha-I-want-to-write-about-this moment.

How? Go to StumbleUpon.com, register and start "stumbling" sites.  It's as easy as that.

HI there, never heard of it so this must be worth a try. Thanks for responding here.

5. srk4you profile image61
      srk4youposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Stephen,
      May I recommend the Weekly Topic Inspiration?

6. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Why do you want an interactive discussion?  Most comments on Hubs come from other Hubbers, and that doesn't earn you income.  I find that most of my external visitors don't comment.

2. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

Wow...I can't imagine running out of hub ideas.  There are two great suggestions made here already.  If you look around, listen to the news, current events; your own interests with a different angle; and the 'answers' section should keep you going for years...

Outside of that read some of the hubbers work that has addressed this issue.  Good luck.

3. SandyMcCollum profile image71
    SandyMcCollumposted 5 years ago

You can also go to Google.com/trends to see what's trending today, and choose a topic to write about. If it's a trending topic, you know ppl are wanting to read about that topic.

Welcome to HP! Write on!

4. jacharless profile image77
    jacharlessposted 5 years ago

Read a lot. Always check the balance of the thing you do the most of. Works wonders. Course, there's my method: a dozen Boddington and BBQ `til I turn a very interesting smokey hue, then a nice long nap. big_smile

James

5. StephenCowry profile image60
    StephenCowryposted 5 years ago

Thank you guys for sharing your ideas here. I'll for sure apply them!

6. webclinician profile image60
    webclinicianposted 5 years ago

There is so called a writers block.
    But for everyday things, even ants don't run out of idea.
    With access to internet, ideas are just floating about that may inspire you to think of other things.

Thanks for your thoughts webclinician.

7. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 5 years ago

I would also suggest writing a spin-off article related to one of your popular Hubs and link them together. smile

Thanks for the suggestion Dame Scribe.

working