jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (18 posts)

My Hub Keep Get Rejected

1. 0
    ghiblipgposted 4 years ago

One of my hub keep get rejected and I do not want to keep re-submitting as worry HP will ban my account.

Could anyone experience kindly let me how should I modify it so that it meets the HP requirement?

http://ghiblipg.hubpages.com/hub/Cerrut … n-Open-Box

I taken all the photos myself. And it is my birthday gift. Should I change my title?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Well as close as I can tell you have about 450 words and 13 product listings between ebay and amazon... so it's a little ad heavy.  I'd take out at least 4 or 5 product listings.  They are all basically copies of the game anyway.

There are also quite a few grammar errors... including a couple misspellings (oops and Diablo)

In addition the following sentences have issues:

Although it is not as exciting as opening up the Collector's Edition box, but the war is yet to begin. 

Suggestion: remove although.

Enjoy all the Diablo III fans.

Suggestion: I'm not sure how to fix it... but the sentence suggests that the reader should be enjoying the fans of the game rather than the game itself.

Finally, the Diablo III is here.

Suggestion: either insert 'game' after Diablo III or remove 'the'

Here I only able to share with you the Standard Edition open box.

Suggestion: Add am after I.

There are a few other errors as well.  Maybe you should team up with someone for proofreading purposes.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That sentence is not very good English. I thought it might just be shorthand for the forum, but looking at your Hubs, most of them have similar grammatical or spelling errors - either English is not your first language, or you are spinning articles.  That might be one of your problems.

Look at the messages about your Hub and check if there is anywhere you can click to get more information - often there is, but it's easy to miss.

1. 0
        ghiblipgposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I could see where I am on my English now. Ya, English is not my first language. Will need to review through all my hubs again.

3. 0

Bad news of the days. After 8 months, today when I login my HP. All my hubs had need unpublished due to not conform with standard. Seriously not sure where to get help this round.

4. kschang profile image92
      kschangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nobody was born knowing English (or whatever language that is preferred). You will simply need to learn more, read more, and write more.

FYI, English was not my first language either.

2. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 4 years ago

No. The hub is currently not published so we can't read it.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Your best course of action would be to 1) very carefully read the email you got which says why the hub has been unpublished and 2) contact the moderators for clarification of what is wrong.

4. 0

Actually I just notice when the hub get rejected, there is an email send to your account and explain why. I been some time did not check my email.
    Thanks for all the advise. I will update that immediately.

5. 0

I still facing issue my hub, it was rejected due to sub-standard issue after all the efforts.
    As it had been unpublished, is there anyway I could share out so that I could get more suggestion to fix it?

6. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image93
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago

Did you add more text to bring it up to 500 words or more?  Also, the point about ad capsules is very important. You're supposed to have at least 50 words per capsule (I thunk), but even that would be pretty heavy on ads.  As for grammar and spelling, those issues can indeed cause hubs to get flagged.  Perhaps read some longtime writers here to see if you can spot errors you might be making. 

Good luck!  I admire you for going online in a language other than the one you grew up using!  I hope you iron out whatever problems are there.

1. 0

Thanks for the advise Marcy. That's where I like the internet forum, the opinions could be from various perspective. Just be humble and learn from them smile
      Let me get back to review my hubs again.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
        Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

For your Ad capsules such as Amazon and E-bay it is 50 words per "Item" in the capsule. If you have 3 items in one capsule, that is 3x50=150 words.
        You can limit the number of items displayed in the capsule.

1. 0

This is a good guideline and I am not aware of it. Is this stated in the HP policy page as well?

1. 0

By the way, when I click on the check violation,  I did not get any flag. It must be from the manual auditing. Some times, the rejection comes weeks after you publish the hub. Is this the normal behavior?

1. Michael Willis profile image77
              Michael Willisposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes the filters may miss a violation. Sounds like it may have been manually blocked from being published now.
              The Ads capsules guidelines are in the Learning Center. I also published a hub on this last year.  Go through the Hubpages Learning Center and you may find ways to help you with your hub.

7. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Hi Ghiblipg smile manual audits do occur, yes. Also, if it went up on the 'Hop Hubs' it may have got flagged there too and sent to the mods for review. I can only suggest that you get somebody to help with your English by proofreading it before sending it back for review.

8. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

If it was due to poor command of English and grammar, I'd recommend finding somebody who is good with English. Reading would help you lots too wink Just ensure you have it written on paper, they are proofing and editing only, just so your material stays safely yours. At least you have been given the chance to revise and update your writings smile not all is bad.