jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Someone stole my Hub!

1. tmbridgeland profile image84
    tmbridgelandposted 4 years ago

How interesting. Run a google search for my Hub on Poulan 3416 chain saws, and see someone else's face, and the name Robert Cheney listed as the author. It had already been taken down by that website <link snipped>, so that is nice, but I'll be keeping a watch out. And be Googling my other Hubs too.

How common is this? What has me pissed off is that Google does not show MY article at all anywhere in the first seven pages, this jerk-*ff gets his on page one.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately it is all too common - everyone that has been publishing for any length of time has had their material stolen.

If you care (and you certainly should!) it will require constant vigilance to catch all the thieves and no small amount of work to see that stolen material is taken down.

tmbridgelandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have checked around and not found any others. This one actually is not on line now. I also looked that website over to see if I spotted anything from HubPages. So far nothing. In a weird way it is flattering. Like when i got my first troll.

2. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 4 years ago

Its pretty common to have any well ranking hub copied onto another site. At one time all twenty top hubs on hubpages were copied onto a blogspot blog. We got it shut down eventually, but the damage was done.

tmbridgelandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ah well. It's sad the lengths some people will go to. That was a brand new Hub, and wasn't ranked anywhere.

working