jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

1. NaomiRuthJohnavid profile image61
    NaomiRuthJohnavidposted 4 years ago

An Oxymoron!. that's what each pair is called; defined as a figure of speech that combines contradictory terms,meaning terms which are most often in opposition to each other.This figure of speech is consistently used and accepted within the English Language,but does the same acceptance apply when contradictory actions occur in reality!. I listened to this news report about a woman who broke into a house not to steal anything or destroy any personal belongings,not for any selfish reason,but rather to engage in cleaning of the house.In this situation "Breaking In" would obviously be the negative and "cleaning" would be the positive....I brought this example up however to bring forth the question "whether it is or should be socially acceptable to engage in and unacceptable action for an acceptable cause,in other words,Doing something bad in order for something good to come out of it.
    IS THIS THE OXYMORON OF LIFE CALLED "WRONGFULLY-RIGHT"...*just a random thought*Whats your take?

2. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Is "breaking in" actually breaking in if it's your own house? lol

Is it acceptable "language"? I don't care. lol

1. SmartAndFun profile image92
      SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

Some cartoon my husband used to watch had two characters who were in the military. One was named General Specific and the other was Private Public. I just love that. Makes me laugh every time I think about it.

1. NaomiRuthJohnavid profile image61
        NaomiRuthJohnavidposted 4 years ago in reply to this

lol now thats funny