jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon-Hub Referral Report

1. jacharless profile image81
    jacharlessposted 4 years ago

Hi!
    I was thinking aloud today {yes, dangerous as that sounds} and something crossed my mind that could be quite useful.

Amazon-Hub Referral Report.

What I mean is an internal method/report detailing which article(s) generated the  referral, to an Amazon Product. I generally use specific ISBN-10 Products, versus Amazon Keyword. On the Amazon Associate reporting, it merely states "Third Party" in the Seller Column and was derived from a REST solution. Which doesn't really address the origin of the referral itself. Having several sites running Amazon Widgets, would be great to see which were coming, exclusively, from Hub Pages, as to tweak what visitors prefer -both in content and product- from time to time.

Thanks, either way and any advice for more quality control over Amazon Items is greatly appreciated!

James

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You could create a new tracking ID for Hubpages on Amazon - that way you'd get at least get information on how many sales came from HP.

jacharlessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, is it possible to have more than one Amazon Associate Account?
        I have a Seller with Amazon, too.
        Wondering if that might cause a conflict...

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We're still all signed up as individual affiliates with Amazon.  HubPages doesn't have access to all the sales info we see in our Amazon reports, and Amazon has never ever told you which webpages clicks or sales come from (I've been an affiliate with them for a decade), so what you are requesting isn't something that can be created.

jacharlessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Right. I thought about that too.
        But it doesn't necessarily have to end with Amazon.
        Could be done as a click count on outbound, like the HP referral code does now?
        Sorry, am just rambling aloud again. lol.

working