jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

First Post- Looking for Constructive Criticism

1. Ann M Reid profile image82
    Ann M Reidposted 4 years ago

I posted my first post today:

http://annmreid.hubpages.com/hub/Sun-Sa … ation?done

I'm looking for constructive criticism. Your experience as a hub-writer is very valuable. Help me learn how to make my next hub even better. 

Thanks in advance for your time and support.

Ann M Reid

1. kschang profile image91
      kschangposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Nice, needs some bullet points to emphasize what to look for (and what to avoid).

Ann M Reidposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think you're absolutely right. I DID use some bullet points in my second post: How to Avoid Bee and Wasp Stings: http://annmreid.hubpages.com/hub/How-to … asp-Stings and I'm sure it made the information easier to take-on-board. Thanks very much. This is exactly the kind of help that will make my hubs better and better! Bless you!

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Welcome to HubPages Ann smile I think you did a fantastic job. I'm just curious as to  why not using Amazon capsules? rather than have blue links across the article. I found it almost difficult to keep my eyes focused so am not sure what the reactions may be from others. Over all, good job.

I'm so new I'm not even sure what an Amazon capsule is smile But this is EXACTLY the kind of advice I'm looking for. I want to write hubs that have good, solid content and are as reader-friendly as possible. I will try to find out what an Amazon capsule is and how that would work. Thanks!

3. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Use the drop down menu.. top right on your screen (under your user name) and click onto 'Learning Center' - I suggest your spend some time reading as much of the info there as you can... including starting out with your earning structures.

I agree with Dame Scribe - you have made a fine job of your first hub.. but you do need to consider not embedding so many links in the body of your text. You can for example use another text capsule to highlight your sources and in that way offer your readers the chance to follow the links.. (which do of course Take your Reader Away from your page - often BEFORE reading it completely!) Sure give them the option, but not at the expense of redirecting your traffic.

So Welcome and enjoy the site... good luck smile

You can send me a box of Hershey bars if you find my advice solid enough to make a million from... I spent some time in LC - PA and enjoyed racing the buggies there! smile

Many thanks and even a virtual Hershey's kiss for pointing me toward the Learning Center and for your suggestion about how to organize the links better. Yes, this is exactly the kind of help I'm looking for! Bless you, Pearldiver!