jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Are we fed up with a certain thread? Nicomp's hoodwinked us long enuf!

1. lorlie6 profile image85
    lorlie6posted 4 years ago

Now I have nothing against Nincomp, that sweet lil pony who started a wildly successful thread so very long ago-

But, folks, don't you think we're acting somewhat like lemmings in search of the unattainable cliff without a ledge?
    Seems to me that we, starving for status of 'winner', are willing to say jest about anything to gain some elusive prize!!!

Any suggestions about how to put the pony in its place??

tonguetongue                                                                          tonguetongue

1. Cagsil profile image83
      Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Actually, "Last To Post" thread isn't about the "Last to Post" anymore and is more for generalized chatter between HubPages who use it to catch up with other Hubbers without starting other meaningless threads. wink

1. lorlie6 profile image85
        lorlie6posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Umm, Cags-that's a given if I've ever heard one.  I mean, of course, dear pal.  The point here was facetious-I thought you'd get that!!! smile
        And no, 'Last to Post' will not cease...as if it should; 'generalized chatter' or meaningless banter is the virtual point of The Sandpit, where we are usually bound to sink, no? wink

1. Cagsil profile image83
          Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I saw your post as being facetious, just chose not to address as that though. tongue

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

The forums wouldn't be the same without that thread. smile I'm sure most of us have posted on it for fun, at least once. There are some nice hubbers on that thread.

3. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 4 years ago

I never saw the point, but live and let live, and to each his own.

4. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 4 years ago

It appears I'm the last to post on this thread.  Do I win????

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

No smile

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Dang it!

6. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I don't want to see that one, or a few other "famous" threads, go.  They help contribute to sense of "stability" and predictability in the forums.  lol

Here's some of the others (classics, I think) that I kind like to keep seeing:

The "recommend another Hubbers' Hub" one (with - like - 10,000 links at this point  lol)

The "Waffle-Cheese Count-to-200,000" (or however many) one.  (Slow progress on that one, from the last time I noticed.  People are up to what - 3000 or something?  big_smile )

The "change a letter" one (I've never even looked at that one, but it's always there)

There's also the "say anything in three words" (another one I've never gone to but that seems to be an oldie and "goodie" and biggie.

I kind of miss seeing the "Good morning, you Hubalicious Hubbers" one that was around for a couple of years, I think.  "Hubalicious" always irked the heck out me, but there was, again, that element of stability to seeing it show up so faithfully.

If it weren't for some of those "fine, classic" threads there'd be little on here but religious threads, who thinks the world is going to end threads, and the ever-popular stewing-over-traffic threads.  smile

Sorry, lorlie.  As much as I would like to agree with a perfectly nice Hubber like you, I have to say I think people must keep on striving to "win" on that "last one to post" thread.  (Has anybody ever said if there's any prize involved for whoever actually does win, by the way?)  hmm

7. Bedbugabscond profile image87
    Bedbugabscondposted 4 years ago

I can't agree mostly because I love nicomp, if he or she was a religion I would follow him or her. Only people from Ohio can be as cool as nicomp. In fact, I would not be surprised to find out the town of Coolville, Ohio was named for nicomp!