Resolved: Security Question Not Case Senstive

1. Aficionada profile image93
    Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Based on recent experience, I am guessing that the Security Questions are case-sensitive, at the very least. Unfortunately, there seem to be some other issues related to the punctuation of the answers.  That is, spacing and abbreviations may create problems, if they are entered incorrectly. I have to remember dozens of Security Question Answers around the Internet, and I'm supposed to remember which ones accept spaces and which ones don't? Or where I wrote out Street in full, as opposed to St.?

It would be so helpful for the answers to be acceptable in more than one exact format - that is, with or without spaces; with abbreviated street/state designations or spelled out in full; and without case sensitivity. Is that feasible?  After all, the content of the answer should be what's important, and it should be easy to remember, but -- the format? Is that honestly an important way of recognizing a Hubber's identity?

I hate the idea that I might have to carry my password/security question answer list wherever I go. Are there other possible options?

2. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

I would suggest that you be consistent with how you answer the security questions. Even If we changed our convention on HubPages, to say, only accept all lowercase and no special character, I'm not sure that will help you when confronted with the security question. Now, you need to remember that HubPages is the site that doesn't accept special characters.

I guess, I'm not sure what new feature I could propose and develop on HubPages that would solve your problem. I certainly do not mean to belittle your suggestion.