jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Resolved: Like buttons

1. CrisSp profile image84
    CrisSpposted 4 years ago

Why can we not have "like" and "unlike" buttons on HubPages? It will be nice to have this additional feature. Don't you think so?

1. Jason Menayan profile image59
      Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you mean for Hubs, you can vote up or down (although the ratings are not shown). For Answers, you can give a thumbs up or down, and your vote will be shown.

CrisSpposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply Jason. The thing is, I noticed that voting up and down affects your hubscore (correct me, if I'm wrong) specially if you have a dissenting opinion. The fact that it is rated. Why not a simple "like" and "unlike" button without any ratings? As well, if you vote up, you cannot retract or withdraw it anymore.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Voting does not effect your hub score, I believe.

1. Cagsil profile image61
            Cagsilposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Unique voting clicks do factor into overall Hubscore and Hubberscore. wink It's just one of many factors. wink How much weight is given to voting up or down is minimal

2. Jason Menayan profile image59
          Jason Menayanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ratings do affect HubScore, but I believe there's some sort of provision on the backend for polemic Hubs that get lots of positive and negative votes.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
            paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"A polemic (play /pəˈlɛmɪk/) is a contentious argument that is intended to establish the truth of a specific belief and the falsity of the contrary belief. Polemics are mostly seen in arguments about very controversial topics. The art or practice of such argmentation is called polemics. A person who often writes polemics, or who speaks polemically, is a polemicist or a polemic.[1] The word is derived from the Greek πολεμικός (polemikos), meaning "warlike, hostile",[2][3] which comes from πόλεμος (polemos), "war".[4]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polemic

Yep, I learned a new word today. I shall strive to remain non-polemic.big_smile

1. MickiS profile image95
              MickiSposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good luck! LOL! :-D

2. CrisSp profile image84

Thank you all for your reply.  I was just thinking, it will be nice to simply have a "like" & "unlike" button without actually affecting the hubscore unlike the button for "voting up or down".  (:

2. MickiS profile image95
    MickiSposted 4 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, CrisSp. It is appreciated. I would also add that you can use the Hub Feedback (Awesome, Interesting, Beautiful, etc.) to "like" Hubs without impact the Hubscore as voting does.

I would also add that you are encourage to Vote. Good content should be voted up. And bad content, should be voted down and rightfully lower the Hubscore.

Hi MickiS! I'm aware of those features you've mentioned. Thanks for your reply though.

Closed to reply

working