jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is there a best day or time to publish a hub?

1. Hot Rod Loves You profile image60
    Hot Rod Loves Youposted 4 years ago

Are there certain days or times that are better than others to publish a hub or does it matter?

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have never considered or tried to evaluate when may be the "best" time to publish. I write, then I publish and immediately submit it to Google Webmaster... and wait. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I've wondered that. During high-traffic times there are more new hubs competing in the feed; during low-traffic times there are fewer viewers viewing. And then there is the unknown variable of when it gets indexed.

I, for one, decided to not worry about it and just publish when done. My general conclusion is that the sooner published the better. Your results may vary. smile

3. mskills profile image91
    mskillsposted 4 years ago

The answer depends on your objective, I suppose. 

As far as I can tell, Google doesn't care at all what time you submit your hubs.  Once its spiders have enveloped them in their ... whatever you'd call the stuff, your hubs are offered up to the almighty Algorithm and released to battle it out with the competition.  Topic matter, keywords, and luck are your weapons in this arena.

HubPages traffic, on the other hand, is partially influenced by the hour in which you publish.  If you don't have a sizable fan base, you'll be wanting to ensure that your hubs are visible while:

A) A majority of Hubbers are online

B) The feed is relatively inactive

If you can find the perfect balance of A and B, you'll maximize the initial onslaught of page views thanks to HP traffic.  In time, though, Google is what will matter ... which leads me to agree with the others in that you're probably better off just submitting when you're ready.

4. KeithTax profile image81
    KeithTaxposted 4 years ago

Yes. Right now, this moment. Write NOW! Write on your websites, content farms, blogs, Amazon, and any other place you think of. Write every day all the time. Never stop. When you piece is ready, publish that moment. Don't wait. Publish and get back to writing your next piece.

If you do you will make money.

The End