jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Mostly success- one failure- what's going wrong?

1. 0
    WhydThatHappenposted 4 years ago

This hub began with a much lower score than usual- 45 instead of about 50. Then, the score steadily dropped. I thought it might have been the layout, I was having trouble with blank spaces, but it kept dropping after I fixed it. Then I thought maybe my graphics were too boring, but that doesn't seem to be it either. It might be the content and writing, but it's consistent with my other hubs, which do alright. What do you think the problem could be?

http://whydthathappen.hubpages.com/hub/ … rs-Dracula

thanks for the help,
    W.T.H.

1. LetitiaFT profile image83
      LetitiaFTposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hello WhydThatHappen. I had that happen to me with a hub about the theiving nature of foxes that featured a female fox (females foxes are called vixen) that steals petanque balls (French lawn bowling), and another one that stole shoes. I playfull entitle the hub the case of the petanque ball vixen and fetishist fox. Not only did the hub, which is cute, not kinky, keep a rock bottom score, my personal hubscore plummeted. I guessed that between vixen, balls & fetishist, it sounded too risqué for the HP and Google algorithms and I played it down.
      I suspect that's what's happening to you. Those algorithms are a pretty conservative bunch, and between Dracula, marxist manifesto, psychosexual and oedipal,  their computations must be springing loose over your hub, no matter how excellent a literary analysis it is.
      And it is indeed a fascinating analysis. I'm a classic Dracula fan myself, but I imagine that with vampires being so popular in the mass media the past few years, there are people who are into vampires who haven't read the original. If you want to hold that audience's attention--and maybe even get them to read it (we can always dream) you might just want to briefly introduce each protagonist the first time you mention him or her so these readers can follow. It wouldn't take much, just a word or two that blends in with the rest of sentence.
      Good luck!

1. 0
        WhydThatHappenposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha, I never considered the sexuality aspect of the article, thanks! And I'll be sure to introduce the characters as well.

Alex

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

I thought it was a great read smile but your tags are something to be desired and may need to tweak your title. Rather than start with 'Analysis of Bram Stoker's Dracula: Humanity Perfected' maybe it should be more like -->

'Bram Stoker's Dracula: Humanity Perfected Analysis'. It's examining 'philosophies' therefore, add it in your tags. It's 'education' therefore add that also. Try to use your tags to help fit it to a 'advertiser' wink tags may not be seen by 'G' but least helps HP fit advertisers to your write. Also, careful with the # of photo's, speed of site load is important. I thought it was great! smile

1. 0

Thanks, I'm going to try switching out the tile and reducing the num of pics.

Alex

3. 0

Ok, so I fixed it up a bit, and plan on doing more later. I'll let you know how it goes!

Great. Bon Courage as the French say!

4. Living Well Now profile image79
    Living Well Nowposted 4 years ago

Can I suggest breaking it up into paragraphs? That would help the reading.

I'd dump the Amazon module with links to the Communist Manifesto and Communism ... your hub is an analysis of "Dracula" and Marx is incidental, not the main attraction.

Some of the pics don't grab your attention and some don't add to the analysis. Loss of focus here too. In-game screenshots and churches in broad daylight are more of a detraction.

1. 0

Thanks, I updated it again. The hub has gone up one point but stayed there so far. I'll update if anything changes.

5. 0

It's risen up to 46 from 43-

Thanks for all the help!

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 4 years ago

Congrats! big_smile your score is up to 75 now. Great job too.

Way to go!

working