jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

So You've Reached the $50 Threshold. Now What?

1. talfonso profile image89
    talfonsoposted 4 years ago

If you have reached the required $50 threshold on the HubPages Ad Program, good for you. Now what to do with that now?

Well I'd wait on impulse purchases online (I use PayPal for some of them) for at least 24 hours. Then I'd set a budget to spend part of the earnings. I'd set aside $20-$30 for a vacation, in particular a cruise.

1. cancertips9 profile image61
      cancertips9posted 4 years ago in reply to this

congratulations!!! Use it for good purpose!

2. TheMagician profile image89
    TheMagicianposted 4 years ago

I just received my first check last month. I'm putting it all towards a new car wink  Otherwise, I'd put it all towards a vacation. No splitting up here. My current job that I'm quite content with covers my bills and more (I live with friends so my expenses are minimal), so whatever I earn from HP is pure extra for saving for a big ticket item.

I transferred the money straight to my bank account, though. I'd be too tempted to buy something online, otherwise lol

1. talfonso profile image89
      talfonsoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Vacation? Same thing - I'm allocating a bulk of it towards that! I love cruising, and it takes money to do this, so a good portion of my payments is going to it!

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I usually use it to buy food, pay the electric bill, and other such frivolous things.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

It goes towards paying my bills too.

5. Turtlewoman profile image96
    Turtlewomanposted 4 years ago

My Hubpages payouts support my wardrobe lol. ;-)

1. Vampsdes profile image86
      Vampsdesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I haven't gotten to a payout yet.  Hopefully one day though haha!  I will most likely use mine for bills.  Since I haven't been working much (due to health reasons), we've struggled to pay our bills so that's where it will go I'm sure!

6. ptosis profile image80
    ptosisposted 4 years ago

I like the recent hubpages with the payout at $50 - google ads for two years and it's not at 50, HP program = a few months. Now for some reason I'm gettng more traffic (yippe!)

7. mr williams profile image81
    mr williamsposted 4 years ago

I like Hubpages Ad Program better than Adsense. I make the threshold every month compared to Google Adsense that usually takes 2 or more months to reach. I'd spend the money on ebooks lol

8. Urbane Chaos profile image91
    Urbane Chaosposted 4 years ago

Typically, I re-invest the money back into my business, although, occasionally, I do splurge every now and then!  (Just bought a fascinating book on the history of Oklahoma place names!)

For over a year now, I've gotten a lot of off-line work from HubPages, so taking the $50/month and using it to buy advertising, office supplies, etc. really saves me a lot of time and money in the long run.

9. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Congratulations on your milestone, and many, many more!

My first payout in March went to the refrigerator and stove payments since both of them broke down within two months of each other last year.  I mean, the payout went straight to those payments, but I was able to finally pay off that whole debt last month.  The $50 helped.  Anything helps!

My following payouts?  Believe me.  As a homeowner who is also retired, there is always something breaking down or needing replacement.  Trust me.  I will never see or fondle that real money because it will go straight to some creditor.

I hope you have fun with your hard-earned online pennies or put them away for a rainy day.  Paying for living expenses and just plain bills is so BOOOORING!!!